"A guy should never ask females for dating advice"; true or false?

We probably heard about, or literally heard, a guy say this before.

There are many theories about why this statement is said.

---------

How do you think this idea of "females give bad dating advice" came about in human existence?

Do you agree or disagree with the idea of females giving bad dating advice?

Please vote on the poll and respond as much as you like.

Thanks for your input. 8-)

• A guy should NEVER take dating advice by females
  • A guy can occassionally get dating advice from females, BUT with a grain of salt at all times
  • Imo, a guy can get about HALF of his dating advice from females and be successful in dating
  • A guy SHOULD get the MAJORITY of his dating advice from females

Most Helpful Guy

• Most women give bad advice. This isn't a criticism. I suspect most men give women bad dating advice. The problem is most women have no experience trying to date women. Dating is a lot more about attraction than logic. Not many people are self aware enough to actually give useful advice about generating attraction. They tend to give dating advice from a perspective of 'how I'd like someone I found really attractive to behave that would make me feel good'.

Men are really just as bad. Look how many men go on and on about liking low-maintenance women with no makeup who dress casually. Yes, I'm sure we've all seen the heavily made up women with short skirts being ignored in clubs. Right? Right?

The few people who are self-aware enough to give good advice, their advice is gold.

• I give good advice! But that's cause I am emotionally detached and I solve my problems with my logic, not my anger/jealousy/sadness

• "Yes, I'm sure we've all seen the heavily made up women with short skirts being ignored in clubs. Right? Right?"

You are making the same mistake so many women do. When we men give dating advice, it's advice in how to get a potential boyfriend.

The slutty dressed girls in clubs only get approached because they seem like an easy *sexual* partner.

Just getting laid isn't what most girls are going for.

What Girls Said 11

• When anyone asks for advice from others, they should use their own brains to determine whether or not to use all of the advice , part of the advice , or discard it. The sex of the advisor doesn't matter because stupidity isn't sex dependent.

• false.

asking girls questions and being around a lot of women is a guy's secret weapon. if you have close girl friends whose opinion you trust ask away!

• no I do not.nooffrnce boys but , females at least this one speacke he truth , from the heart, I would never give any one bad advice I hope I dont, and id never lie to somone anyone for persole gaaintheres no mascaline pride here smiles just femine pride kisses

• It depends on the girl he's asking.

• I voted D. If a guy can see things from a girl's point of view...he has a tremendous advantage over other guys.

• Isn't that the point of this site?

• If a guy wants to date a female, I think he should get dating advice from a female

• I'm not quite sure girls always give the best advice about other girls in dating situations. We tend tobe catty, undermining and manipulative lol

• I don't think the opposite gender gives dating advice to the other vary well. Women probably give bad dating advice to men, and I know a lot of men give bad dating advice to women.

I can't think like a man, I can only think like a woman and draw from my experiences. So if a guy is asking me how to get laid, I can only tell him what I want based on the type of woman I am. I can't tell a guy how to go to the club and pick up bad bitches. He would need to ask a guy who successfully goes to clubs and meets bad bitches. I think it's better to ask a successful member of your sex what to do.

• You have to take into account which female is giving you the advice! Guys say this because they ask some girls who happen to not have a clue about male-female dynamics or who try to be too nice to the guy and aren't honest with him. Some girls even recycle something they saw in a movie or in a magazine about "what women want" without even taking into account if that's how it works for them. Pop magazines, male or female, are pretty idiotic when it comes to dating tips.

That being said, if you ask a guy who doesn't have a clue or sucks at dating himself, you won't get good advice either. Like asking a dude who sits on the Internet and gives second-hand advice he got from watching Jersey Shore's The Situation on YouTube. Bad idea.

Also, consider what you ask. If you say, "Douchebags always get the girl, I should become a douchebag." And a girl says, "No way, you're so awesome just the way you are. Any girl would be lucky to have you." She's trying to make you feel good. Any guy that says, "Yeah, man be an a**hole, chicks always f*** a**holes no matter what." is an idiot.

If they say, "No bro, douches suck. Chicks want a guy who is attractive and fun, but also doesn' t treat them like dirt. Playing games only attracts batsh*t crazies. Stay nice but lose 20 lbs and get a haircut." You just might have a winner!

• guys know they might mess up. askin girls is the best way to do it.

What Guys Said 9

• I voted B. You should always listen to yourself but always consider the others' thoughts and feelings and opinions. You'll never know what they'll say. It might give you leverage but you still have your own way of doing it now that you've heard from the other sex. It might even make you more open minded to ideas who knows. You'll never know unless you try. Your game shouldn't solely relied on others' advice. Maybe it could be from your own experience if that's what you'd rather skip than go through.

• There are certain women who give bad dating advice. Mainly moms and big sisters. They advice guys how to land in the friend zone.

• i think getting advice from girls on GAG (and other online sites) is good because they know more about the female gender than any man regardless of how much of a player he is. online people are much more likely to be honest too, so you won't be told what they think other girls would say, but what they really think. so far I've got the best dating advice from girls.

• the only females I belive that can give good advice is the ones that act like women but think like guys. what I mean is by going after guys and not waiting like the rest:)

• but isn't that what this site is all about ? advice from females

• nope. The point of this site is advice for girls from guys.. hence the name "GIRLSaskGUYS" :D

• The only advice you need to get some game. Then you can choose which women you want to date, which ones you want only for sex, and which ones you don't want for anything.

• I have never ever ever gotten bad dating advice from a girl. They know help you out so you don't f*** up. Guys, on the other idea, have no clue what they are talking about lol

• I put B because if I followed the dating advice I got from girls 100% of the time to the letter then I think I would just be friends zoned all the time. That being said you can get some really good advice from girls.

• No, don't take their advice...it will end in disaster...