Guys, would you date a girl who is older than you? Girls, would you date a guy who is younger than you?

Guys, would you date a girl who is older than you?

Girls, would you date a guy who is younger than you?

If yes, why? If no, why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've tried it, and kept an open mind.

The only problem is, within 2-3 months of dating, they usually start saying: "I'm ready to settle down. I'm looking for something serious. I don't have time to waste. I know what I want." That's quickly followed (and I mean just minutes later) with: "I need to know that you're ready to get married in 2-3 years, because I am. I'm ready to start a family. I want to have kids in 3-4 years the latest. Kids as in plural." As if that's not enough, there's usually icing on the cake: "Work is just not really for me. I tried it, and I don't like it. But I'm really good at cooking and cleaning, and I would love to stay home and take care of the kids, and wear sexy outfits when you come back home from work."

Are you looking for a man or a moron? No thanks.

I'd rather go with a prostitute. She puts out immediately, and she only costs $200 and one hour of your time, not a life sentence of indentured servitude. Older women have a "I want to sell myself, how much can I get?" mentality. It's such a turn-off. Guys are looking for a relationship, not a business deal. If guys wanted a business deal, non-prostitutes don't make sense. Prostitutes are the better value deal. If I wanted that kind of relationship, I wouldn't be dating you, I would go to a different prostitute every other week. I think older women forget that men, especially as they age, are looking for a relationship, not an exchange.

• lol that's a really good example of a scary woman. I'd run for my life if I were you. If it weren't a business deal and she wasn't crazy like that, would you be willing to date her?

• I wish it were a one-time thing, but it's happened with two different older women. I'm still open minded though, and I'll give other older women a chance. Education plays a large role in it. I think older women that are professionals (doctors, lawyers, etc) are less likely to behave and think that way. Ironic right? But yeah, I would definitely give an other woman with that age difference a chance.

What Guys Said 5

• Yes as long as I'm attracted to her; age is just a number after 18.

• Yes as long as she didn't look old, I don't mean like ugly, I mean as long as we looked good together. I look younger than I am so I would probably date a girl who is 23 24, I'm almost 22. Why? well if I liked her lol, why else :D

• I am dating a woman who is older than me. Granted its only by 3 months, but nonetheless, lol.

I usually have a 3 year window, I'd date someone up to 3 years older or younger than me.

• I would definitely date a girl older than me.

• Yes I would date a a girl who is 2 years younger or older

What Girls Said 9

• Yes I would date a guy who was younger than me. At the moment, I am 17. The youngest I would consider dating at my age at the moment would be 15. This all depends on their maturity. I want to be at a similar maturity age as the guys I date. If I was choosing between a guy my age, who wasn't mature, or a guy who was 15, and acting my age, I would choose the latter defiantly!

For any guy I would go out with, we would have to be compatible, have a great personality, have similar interests and hobbies, etc. If I find someone like this who I really like, I don't really care how old he is, as long as it's not a really large age gap like him been 12... 15 years old is fine.

Also, as I get older, this will change. When I'm, say, 30, the age gap limit would be no more than 5 years younger than me (unless he was really something special).

• My boyfriend is about two years younger than I am.

• Yeah but not more than 2 years.

• My range is 5 years younger or 5 years older. But I'd be willing to change that if the younger guy was mature. I know a guy who is 4 years younger than me, and is so much more mature than another guy who is 7 years older than me. The older guy has more experience, but he's incredibly arrogant. Arrogance to me is immaturity. So I'd much rather go for the younger guy, who is a great friend and can actually admit when he doesn't know something.

• No, I would not. I like guys to be at least a year or so older than me.

It's kind of awkward.

• i would date a guy three years younger than me, but that's my limit.

• i like older guys but I have a huuuuge crush on a guy who is one year younger than me :D

so yes, I would date a younger guy.

• Younger than me by few months yea why not.

Younger than me by years no.

• I prefer to stay within 5 years in either direction, but which direction doesn't really matter to me.