Is it OK to hold hands or kiss when just dating (ex. on the first date)?

Or does that happen when being exclusive?

I never dated/have a girlfriend before. Appreciate your help! :)

Thank you everyone! I have a better understanding now :)

Most Helpful Girl

• When me and my boyfriend were just dating he used to hold my hand and kiss me still despite not being exclusive yet and I liked it as that made me think that he may really like me if he's already holding my hand and it just made me feel more relaxed. So I think it's OK, I see no problem with it, but just make sure that you really do like the girl before doing such a move because she may get the wrong idea if you start kissing her or holding her hand.

What Girls Said 4

• No holding hands, that's more of a couples thing.

But if you had a good time on your first date I'd be fine if a guy kissed me (on the lips) (or on the cheek it depends) at the end of a first date.

• Depends on the girl really, but I like kissing on the first date, it lets me know if we have chemistry or not. If you're getting all the right signals, then go for it! What's the worst that can happen?

• with my last boyfriend he asked me out on the last day of school and we hung out after and he started holding my hand right away and our friends were telling us to kiss, when they wernt around we talked about it and at the end of the that he surprised me and kissed me lol so I say it doesn't really matter I rekon taking it slow is boring and for me it ends badly when taking it slow but also taking it too fast ends badly so be some where in the middle :)

• well if you want to and it feel natural then go for it but I wouldn't force it probably go smoother if you wait a while till you guys have spent more time together

What Guys Said 1

• i have never had a date that did not end with a kiss or holding hands...