What is the best 1st follow up text message?

What is the best 1st text message after meeting a girl/guy you like?

How fast should it be sent?

Most Helpful Girl

• i agree with julie. just ask her how she is, maybe if she got home safely. the idea with telling her what you thought of her sounds nice too.

don't do the three day waiting game. if a guy waits that long to answer I will have moved on probably... I met a guy a few days a go and he texted me 10 minutes after he left the train! I thought that was really sweet and enjoyed that! good luck :)

• That is sweet! I love when guys do that! I do not know who put that stupid 3 day rule into place.

• IDK who told me to follow a 3 day rule but from now on ill try to be as spontaneous as possible

• yes, do that. it is usually a pleasant surprise unless I didn't like the guy of course :P

What Girls Said 3

• the best first text would be something like "I'll call you after work" or "going to give you a call now" if only guys were still old fashioned like that. I like hearing his voice not seeing words as a response :/

• It is amazing to see men have these problems too lol. I agree with hey what's up? After she replies I suggest telling her what you thought of meeting her... women go CRAZY wondering what men think

• Doesn't matter when. The next day usually. Just say "hey what's up?" . Don't make it overly concerned sounding or lovey dovey

What Guys Said 3

• 3 days. Yes do that. Let her come to you. If she doesn't, 3 days. It's better to text not often enough, then to rely on that form of communication. She will get creeped out and tired of you quick.

• A hello and how are you text is acceptable, but it would probably be better to make a comment or question about something you discussed when you first met. The "when" doesn't really matter. I'd just say avoid texting between like 11 PM and 8 AM, just as a curtesy to not wake her if she doesn't silence her phone. If your worried about appearing creepy for sending it too early, remember that it's the number of texts you send, not when you send them that determines that.

• Be yourself, otherwise you end up painting an inaccurate picture to her. And don't waste time with waiting games, those are stupid and they don't really work to your advantage.