I want to talk to some girl but should I?

I got a girls number through a friend and she doesn't know it, is that a bad thing? And what would I say if I sent her a message out of nowhere? Plus she's only 19 so would it be creepy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would think you were a stalker if I got a random message from someone I didn't know well. I agree with the other girls you should try to meet her in person via your friend and hang out then ask or give her your number. If you just randomly text her she might freak out and stuff. I probably would... sorry but that's what I think you should do. Oh and your friend could help you out talking too like he could say something like hey _her name_ did you know you guys both like ____. It might feel scripted but better than awkward silence... If your shy it's okay too. A lot of girls are also shy and might think it's cute if you are too! good luck! :D

What Girls Said 6

• Just be like, "hey it's ___insert name____. I really wanted to talk to you so I asked

___insert name___ for you're number. Hope you don't mind."

• thanks that helps, I'll think about it

• It'll only be creepy if she has already labeled you as a creep. If she likes you she won't think it's creepy. If she's neutral just be polite about it (i.e. "hope you don't mind"). That'll take away the creepy factor.

• If you're interested in getting to know her, DON'T do it.

That happened to me before.. one of my friends gave out my home phone # to some guy that liked me I was so creeped out. Maybe get your friend to set up a time where you all can just go out somewhere and hangout (get him to invite her) then get her number yourself. You'll have much better luck.

• He actually did that before but I got scared and didn't show up, I can't talk to girls in person

• It would still be best to meet her first..

I guess the next best thing would be if you all hangout and you don't talk to her add her on Facebook and try fb chat?

• yes creepy. get her number yourself.

• Thanks, I'm sure I wouldn't of done it anyway

• EDC is coming up I wanted pay for her ticket

• idk what that is, but just asking her to hang out so you guys can talk and know each other a little better would be best.

• Yeah it would be creepy. Get to know her yourself somehow and get the number from her personally.

• Idk have you ever spoken to her? How old are ya? :)

• im 26, and no I haven't spoken to any girls period, I've trying to press send for like two days now, we have mutual friends so I've been around her that's it

• It's not a huge age gap and you got friends in common so I say go it.

• Creepy. Having someone know personal information about you that you didn't personally give them is always disconcerting. Also, she may not date guys who are older than her, so its better to feel it out before making such a bold move.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't do it. Talk to her in person and pretend to get her number from her before you text her.

• im 26 and I still can't talk to girls in person

• If you just text her all the time she will think you are kind of weird. Eventually you are going to have to talk to her.