What is the whole point of dating?

What is the whole point of dating? Really I want to know. I am kinda scared to start dating because I think guys care about one thing or they will cheat on you (no offense to guys). If the relationship becomes a marriage I am just afraid that it will end as a divorce.

Most Helpful Guy

• Precisely in order for your marriage to not end in divorce, you need to be very responsible during the dating phase, and make the right choices. If you want to higher the chances of a happy marriage, then you will look for the guys who won't be just expecting sex, but meaningful relationships. You would look for values and ideals and not just for looks and sex appeal. Your dating will determine the success of your future marriage. And yes, finding a good partner to marry and have kids with is the whole point of dating itself. its just a necessary phase before it.

What Guys Said 10

• All I'm going to add is that marriage is bad for guys not women. You don't have to worry about guys cheating since the its women that have the most partners. Men over estimate how many women they've been with while women under-estimate how many men they've been with.

• really? I thought guys were biologically programmed to penetrate and impregnate any fertile woman they could get their hands on so that they will pass on their genes. women are picky and chose one partner. what they care about most is the mans emotional commitment (he needs to stay around and help raise the baby and protect them from harm).

• @blondy4lyphe That was the old days. Men these days try to impregnate one woman. Women are picky but they usually go to clubs where the cream of the crop of guys are and act like sluts toward them.

Emotional needs my butt. Women these days care more about their own sexual pleasure. And more about obtaining lots of materialistic things then having a child and a man with emotional commitment.

• Dating is just hanging out. The word makes it put a lot of pressure on the both you. I never say let's go on a date, instead I say let's hang out. Dating is basically when you go out to get to know each other better, see if you two are compatible for anything long term. I don't date though, I'm young, I don't have any intentions of settling down with someone just yet.

• not only guys are that way, girls are too. I don't really see a point in dating either. its the people nowadays... they all have baggage, trust issues, commitment issues etc. just observing some of my friends in relationships is a scary experience. makes me relieved to be single.

• You have to risk stuff like that will happen, or you will have to spend all of your time alone.

It's like us guys, we have to risk getting humilliated and rejected by women all the time and worried that we don't feet the blue prince mold that every girl wants out there.

• what about to have fun?

Just try enjoy youreself don't do things you don't want to. And yeah some guys are jerks but some rnt you can't let the risk of getting hurt or making mistakes stop you from experiencing this.

• Dating is to find out if a partner is the right fit. This is eventually, hopefully, leads to marriage. If you don't plan on marrying then dating is still a great way to socialize and spend an afternoon.

• It's to find out if your personalities are compatible.. or basically how good is the personality of the other person.

You approach to someone because they are attractive.. bu you know nothing at all about their character. Dating is a way to find that out.

If you match - then follows a relationship.

If you don't - you just stop dating that person.

• Im just going to point out one thing that really pisses me off, "men cheat" biggest myth on earth... women cheat just as much and with a usually meaner reason behind it. Men do it just for pleasure while women look for a partner to fufill things their lacking in their own relationship. Stop with the bullsht. Women are just as bad and LIE way more about it.

• well 70% of divorces are initiated by women, not because of infidelity or irreconcilable difference but because they are bored. so if you have the moral fortitude to work beyond that then you may have what it takes to be in a marriage.

• Thats not always the case that the marriage is ended by a women because some marriage are nulled. I know a couple people who has gotten a divorce because the husband has cheated on them.

• I'm not saying there is no divorces but normally you see husbands divorcing their wives.

• nope your wrong about that, 70% of divorces are initiated by the woman.

• You can't let fear rule your life.

What Girls Said 2

• dating opens up a door to yourself and to the other person, an insight. pretty amazing experience. try it out, don't be afraid. just find someone you are comfortable with. don't rush into marriage though, that's a nono

• Getting to know each other.