My Online Friend - What do you think?

I made a friend online last summer, she's become really close to me, even though I've never met her in person. We talk every weekend, and send messages on Facebook when we're not able to talk on Skype (we're on diffrent time zones).

Last week, I sent her a message and she hasn't responded, which I thought was very unsual. She also never showed up on Skype last weekend, now I'm beging to worry.

What do you think? I'm not sure what I should do, it costs a lot of money to call her cell phone, and maybe her internet is just dead, often times the internet connection is not good enough for video calls, and it just dies.

Ugh, this is pathetic of me. If she doesn't respond sometime in the next week, I'll assume something is wrong.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, she may have just gotten out. No offense or anything, but it sounds like she may not have too many friends if she's been able to have time to Skype every weekend with some guy online for almost a year. Maybe she's not that social, but a social opportunity came up for her so she seized the moment and there's nothing to worry about :)

Where do you live and where does she live?

• No offense taken! No, it's not that, I think she's actually more outgoing than me. I suppose I should give you some background information. This whole thing started as a "Language Exchange", she was going to help teach me Russian, and I her English. After the first time we spoke, we began to talk more about other topics than language, it just snowballed from there. So, to answer your question, she lives in Russia and I live in the U.S. (although moving to Europe for university next year).

• You won't spend the money to give her an expensive international call, but you'll fly to the other side of the world to make sure she's okay? Hmmm

• Eh, yeah, I guess. But you misunderstood. I meant that if she didn't answer the phone call, I would go. And I love to travel anyway, so I don't need much of an excuse to visit another part of the world.

What Girls Said 2

• It is possible, interenet can fail...

dont be so worried.

• Have you sent an additional E-mail? Maybe she forgot to respond.

Or maybe she went on a last-minute vacation, hung out with friends, anything. Don't worry about it too much.

What Guys Said 1

• She may just not have the time on her hands, she's busy, or as said, it maybe the internet. No need to worry.