Rebound relationship, help?

i was just wondering about this whole rebound relationship thing. basically me and my ex have been broken up for a little over 6 months and we were together for 14 months and on and off for 6 months before that. also from January-March this year, we've been so close. he's told me he loves me, we've met up with each other, he's said he reckons we'll be back together and so on. we were really get on well. then recently he's gone cold, we 'ended' things for good last week even though I didn't want to. and then I find out yesterday that he was seen walking through his town with a girl that he has known for two weeks. can someone please help me and give me an insight into what the hell is going on? is it a rebound?

What Guys Said 2

• Not a rebound.

Rebounds happen in two cases:

1. The person you were with treats you like sh*t, and someone else comes along and sweet-talks you like a pro. You leave, because this person ~treats~ you better, but you aren't really compatible, or s/he was just using you, so it doesn't work out. This is a rebound.

2. You love the person you were with, but they leave you. You're feeling alone, unwanted, depressed. Someone else comes along and sweet-talks you like a pro. You jump all in, because this person makes you feel better. But you aren't really compatible, or s/he was just using you, so it doesn't work out. This is a rebound.

"I left my bitch because I found a hotter piece of ass" isn't a rebound. It's a douche move.

• How to put this... He didn't seem phased about you ending it with him, and he is sure that he would get you back, yet he has been with some other girl. The way I see it, you are his rebound. I'm sorry but that's what I think.

What Girls Said 0