Do you date people of equal attractiveness as you?

I just wanted to know because some people have these long lists of character traits and qualities that they themselves can't match and then wonder why they are single

• Yes
  • No
If no then which side oof attractiveness do you usually date
Of*

Most Helpful Guy

• I like to keep the humble pie very close so I think of my self as being average on the attractive scale. However, I'm told I'm hot and often get hit on by random ladies. At first the girl I have a crush on right now was just a little pretty, heck she doesn't think she's all that great looking and even a good friend of mine asked me, "dude why her?" Cause she's an awesome person, and makes me very happy just being around her. That makes her beautiful. To answer your question though, I don't consider my appearance when looking for someone. I'm not looking to see if they match me, I more so look for compatibility.

What Girls Said 9

• I'll just say this.

I have no idea what "level" off attractiveness I'm at, nor do I ever look at a guy and think "he's way out of my league". Not because of his looks, anyway. I like what I like, and it can differ greatly, depending on personality. However, because I have no idea if I'm attractive (though I suppose like with everyone else on the planet, it's all subjective), I don't know how to tell if a guy is "equally attractive".

I do get easily intimidated by people's personalities, though. That's a tough one. The guy I like now really intimidates me, and personality wise I might feel that he's "out of my league".

All that being said, I've never actually dated anyone before, so maybe this is all moot.

Confused yet? I know I am, ha ha

• Well I think so, but everyone always tells me I can do so much better which is annoying.

• I've been with guys both average and above average looks. What a lot of people have said, I like the attitude/personality of the average guys. However, I find it hard to have a physical relationship with them because I am not quite attracted to them that way, which makes things difficult. The above average boys are more for fooling around, and I feel like they care about you/value you less than the average guys.

So, I date the average guys and fool around with above average, but of course I'd love to find an above average guy who also had a nice personality along with him. Don't we all though? haha

• i don't date people of equal attractiveness cause one I don't go out with a**holes just cause their as hot as me . But I feel like if I stay in really good shape well then so should my boyfriend. If I work out 7 days a week he should at least work out 3 days a week. BUT my current man is not equal on the attractive scale. he's cute, average looking kind well he's jacked up a bit and tall but he dosnen't get as much attenchion as I do

• If you're starting something with somebody and wondering if they're as attractive as you then you're doomed to failure.

• I date people that attract me, don't really care if they are "below or above" me. That just sounds stupid to me

• but on average, who do you go out with most often? I know you don't care, but this is research.

• I only date equal and above. I friends with below. no cemetery no way.

• Not really, I don't want to sound egotistic, but I am always approached by gorgeous men and am told I am hot and can get anyone I want.

I don't necessarily go with the ones that are the hottest of the lot, as I've found majority of them are the bimbo men too self absorbed. I find that I am actually more attracted to the average guys that do have half a brain and am more so on the same wavelength of knowledge and intelligence as i. I also do find that most that are more average are also more down to earth. I am not dissing beautiful pretty boys because I have met some that have great personality and are witty and that is just a bonus. But in the long run, I would settle more for someone that would not be out there pouncing for ladies and are more genuine and not so self absorbed.

• I used to be dating a guy of an attractiveness that I wondered how I landed him (He had emotional issues from his dad leaving as a kid, I later found out, which is why I landed him)

Now I'm kind of dating a guy that I wouldn't say is as attractive as me, but personality-wise and intelligence-wise he and I are on very equal playing ground.

What Guys Said 5

• lol great question my friend. No I think the stereotypes are way off. Honestly when love is involved it's hard to hide behind smoke and mirrors of expectations.

When you know, you know. But yes indeed many want perfection and who can blame anyone for wanting what is the absolute best?

Yet everyone must know that every Rose does indeed have its Thorns.

• Although I know that my "number on the attractiveness" scale has increased due to me losing a sizable amount of weight and gaining confidence and swagger as a side effect of it...

...

...

...im not that picky when it comes to my females and attractiveness.

If I like her face, and her body isn't sickly obese or anorexic, then she has a shot with me. :)

• I don't know where I stand on the attractiveness scale. I date someone with a great personality who is nice and someonewho I have a strong bond or connection with. Whether they are more attractive, less attractive or equally attractive as me doesn't matter. There's more to dating than looks.

• Youre assuming a person knows their attractive level...how would someone know that?

• Well I personally have female friends who were honest with me and gave me my rating. It was a good reality check because I thought I was better than I actually was. There are websites like link where you can get rated as well

• oops. I meant like link

• I don't care about the attractiveness in terms of physical appearance. I date based on personality.