Would you rather date an ex or someone new?

my ex is very sweet but I have this other guy I'm interested in... I don't know who to choose:/

Most Helpful Guy

• Advantages of an ex:

You know his story, and there's not much mystery, so you probably know about all his flaws.

Sex is familiar, and you know how to get each other going.

Disadvantages of an ex:

Sex is familiar, and it's easy to fall into a routine.

You two broke up for a reason. Unless that reason was something difficult or impossible to overcome (he moved to the other side of the world, one of you was underage and your parents broke you up, etc.) it could come back and haunt your relationship (one of you cheated, he blew you off for his friends, etc.).

Advantages of Mr.New

That feeling of falling in love all over again.

Getting to discover each other

Sex with someone new is always more exciting, at least the first few times

Not having to listen to your friends, family, etc. for getting back with your ex

Disadvantages of Mr.New

Getting to discover what you don't like about each other

Sex with someone new can be very awkward and uncomfortable the first few times

Unless I was really into someone, and the relationship had ended either on really good terms and/or for reasons outside our control, I'd go with the new person in your situation.

What Guys Said 2

• Dating exs generally does not work. You broke up for a reason. Trust me, been there done that. Had an ex that I got back together with 5 times and we broke up 5 times.

• Your ex mustn't of been cutting it for you or something didn't work so why go back to it? I met my ex last night and I laid in bed with her and thought, been there done that an I have other options so why am I here lol try something new I say

What Girls Said 1

• Obviously your feelings aren't that strong for your ex. if you are considering someone new.

Try dating the new guy.

See how your relationship with him turns out to be.

<3