Is online dating a real option, or is it just a waste of time? What do you pplz think about that? Good or bad?

Is online dating just a bad idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• With my experience online never worked lol. But I know a lot of people who are still together (some married now) with their online hubby.

So yah, I believe in online dating. First off, with online dating, you get to talk more. You get to know the person's personality without judging on looks, or such. I think talking is the best way to get to know someone. When you meet someone at a bar or whatever, you base most of your attraction on looks, and that feeling takes over your judgement, then a month later you realize you have nothing in common with the person you met, in person. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I believe in online dating because you get to really talk to the person. Share stories, interests, and whatever else you can share online. If the person is really honest, then it's a really good way to get to know someone. Also, that physical mystery just makes everything even more exciting. You start creating thoughts in your head, and how he/she might act in person, how it's going to be in person, etc. Which is so much fun.

But ofcourse "honesty" plays a huge role (or dishonesty for that matter) with online dating. You can pretend to be someone you're not, just to attract the other person. which is not only dangerous, but also upsetting.

But I'm not gonna sit here and bore everyone with my thoughts on online dating lol.

All I could say is, if you're careful and smart, online dating could be your next ticket to true happiness :) I've seen it happen to a lot of my friends.

What Girls Said 4

• I think it's a good idea because you hear about people that find love on those websites but personally I would never join an online dating site, that's prob because I'm only 18 and usually it's for older people. I could never trust anyone online though. I think people should spend less time online and get out in the real world-like facebook and rubbish like that-get out and live your lives instead of interacting with people online all the time. What about before the internet existed? people managed perfectly fine then. But like I said at first its a good thing for the people that find love on there.

• i think its worth it probably if ur not in a rush because I've tried it several times and its amazing how people lie about almost every aspect of their lifes, and then when you meet do they really think its not going to come out? none the less I've had it happen more than once and then become frustrated with the waste of my time. I guess what I'm trying to say is you seem to weed through more losers than people you would really want to spend any time with.

• i think it can be very addicting to feel that connection, say and hear all the romantic gushy things you long for. yes, you do get a huge amount of communication, but there is so much more needed.

if you do the internet thing, try to make it local and meet quickly, at least by they first 2 monthes.

• The jury is still out for me.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it's a bad idea in general, you just gotta be careful of whom you're about to meet.

I - for myself - never went to online dating sites or such, but I made a lot of contacts through social communities, online games and whatsoever.

So I got to know the persons over time and with some I did some meetings. If it weren't for such a great distance I'd think I've found the person I really want to spent my time with and I think she does, too. We met online, been talking bout more than a year and well ... I'm in love with her. We met, it's been a great time but things shouldn't be between as apparently.

At your age (no offense :P) distance however is a lower factor, so just go for it. Meet persons online, just don't date them after a few weeks. As with the internet in general I'd NEVER EVER rush into things, no matter what it is.

• with my experance, NO

trust me. the girl I met acted like someone else.

and it went down hill...sooo yea..