Should I be worried that she's afraid to kiss me? With legit reason, but we JUST started dating?

It's a legitimate fear because I was diagnosed with mono... however she already seriously exposed herself several nights in a row while I was most infectious and still hasn't gotten it. I'm worried now because even though my symptoms are gone (and have been for 2 weeks) and I'm told by my doctor my chance of passing it on is 'slight' now, especially compared to where I was at when I exposed my girlfriend, though I may be mildly contagious for up to 18 months.

Regardless will be possibly infectious the rest of my life. She is afraid to start kissing me again because she doesn't want to get it, which I don't blame her... but at the same time I look at it as a minimal chance. She has an extremely high chance of being immune, especially since she was evidently exposed to it a year ago as well and never got it. Things had been going so well, especially given that we were extremely close friends... up til mono.

I'm worried now that things will slide back to being just friends. Is there anything I can do?

What Girls Said 2

• Well of course she may be scared to kiss you. Don't force her. Just assure her that you won't get her sick. Just be patient. Wait until she is comfortable enough.

• dont be worried if she cares shell stay and waitif she doesn't she would sadly not have been worth it good luck

• I'm not worried about her not caring, we were best friends for a year and a half before we started dating. I'm more worried about losing the romance we had going, things had been going damn well and I thought we were perfect for each other. Then I got mono and it seems to be putting a strain on things, only being able to kiss each other on the cheek, and constantly having to worry about exposing her to it (even if she's likely immune)...

What Guys Said 0