Is it normal to forget when you started dating someone?

I know it wasn't that long ago...but I literally can't remember whatday it was and I feel bad because I think he knows for a fact. I can't even go through messages to remember if it was before or after something. It's not that I don't care about the date, it's just that at the time...it wasn't on my mind like "today is the day!" I was just relieved and I felt calm about it, I was excited and the days after that were amazing. Now I can't remember. I feel so bad.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it's normal, a lot of people forget. Usually one of the people will remember, but after a while of thinking about it, you will remember it. Maybe the first anniversary, or the second anniversary usually. Anyway, don't be afraid to tell him, because at the time, you weren't thinking it would last or you might not have even been thinking it would happen, you know, the anniversary is not what you think about at that time. Don't be afraid to tell him, he should understand. And you can always get him something to make up for it.

What Guys Said 1

• Yes, it's normal, especailly if when you went on that first date, you didn't have strong feelings for them.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah it's normal. You're only human...

• Yeah, you wouldn't have been in love or anything then so it wouldn't have been a big deal really.

Me and my boyfriend forgot our one year anniversary actually, baha. Wasn't until a month later I realised.

• Yeah. Though I would suggest asking him just so you can be sure. if he has a problem try to explain, tell him you feel bad (because you already said you do) and then try to write it down and/or commit it to memory.

• Was this meant to be a comment on mine? D:

• yeaa that's normal

• sure