Has the advice or opinions you have read here influenced your behavior or opinions?

Have you changed your mind about a topic, or changed your behavior because of the advice or opinions you have read here? Or have you otherwise been helped because of the responses others have written? If so, how have you been influenced? Examples would be great.

• Yes I have changed my mind or modified my behavior because of what I have read here.
  • No I have not changed my mind or modified my behavior because or what I have read here.
  • I have not changed my mind or modified my behavior but I have found it helpful.
  • Other, please specify in your comments below.
I really appreciate the answers here, especially those with examples. I am still very interested in the answers and experiences of other posters, so please continue to answer whether or not what you have read/learned here has made a difference to you.
Regarding my own answer, I would choose C. I have learned some very interesting things, and many posters are very insightful and honest and I appreciate that.
I also wanted to know if asking and answering questions was like preaching to the choir or speaking to deaf ears because most people tend to agree with what they already believe and reject views that are different from what they already (want to) believe.

Most Helpful Girl

• i recently posted a question on the media's influence on girls because I was worried about its influence on my 5 year old niece. the one post that made an impression on me put a different perspective on the desire to be in love. while my fear was her making falling in love her goal, you pointed out that falling in love is a good thing. :)

another example I have is my question on domestic vs foreign cars. one answer has caused a moral dilemma for me since I don't want to endorse something I don't believe in. I will have to do my own research to solve this dilemma.

• I voted c and sometimes I do feel like my words are falling on deaf ears but I get some feedback from people that makes me feel like I really helped them. that makes it worth while.

• Oh yaahh =)

What Girls Said 6

• yeah definitely. I like to see the range of answers and the levels they're at to certain questions that I ask. Some are obviously personal questions and then some are just out of curiousity. I was attracted to this site because I had issues with an ex boyfriend. That is issues with an s, pluralized and he was quite the center of my problems but after reading other similar questions and answers, I learned a lot too but I mean also I have friends/ mentors to talk about it too. ;*)

• I asked a personal question and it changed things for the better.

• I voted C-i've found the advice really helpful but nothing and noone can change my mind about a guy unfortunately. This site has just really helped me understand some of the things guys do.

• Always because I know that I know nothing.

• Does that mean the advice you get here always influences your attitudes and behaviors? How so?

• I've changed my mind about a lot of things and learn from others often.

• um, I have many problems. like how my ex boyfriend cheated on me with my bff. and how the fact that I can't get over him! I still love him but I can't seem to get over him! so, I listen to advice given and try to follow but don't. I listen and try to apply but I mostly listen.

• Mostly I've asked questions out of general curiosity to what other people think, but there's been some that I've asked for some insight. I try to take the advice given with a grain of salt. Like trying to decode a shy guy's signals. Some answers are helpful, but I know it's entirely situational and depends on the guy. A lot of people say they like it when the girl doesn't play games and is direct. So, I told him that I liked him. It didn't really go how I wanted it to, but that's life, I guess. At least I got it out there.

When I answer questions I try to look at all sides of the situation and what the possibilities are. I think the worst thing someone can have is false hope. I try to keep my replies realistic. Sometimes I take from past experiences. If I knew then what I know now I wouldn't have had to cry so many tears.

What Guys Said 4

• When I'm just reminding someone of something they should already know--be an unselfish lover, watch your mouth--nothing can be unsaid, communication beats mindreading--then no one bothers to disagree.

When I'm blowing up some common myth--men pay too much attention to penis length, women pay too much attention to boob size, you don't know anything about anyone until the first date--I get more disagreement, since common myths become common by everyone wanting to believe them.

• Nope. I'm always right, so I prefer to take my own counsel :) I do enjoy reading the "human condition" through the questions that are asked because it's amazing how similar we all are. It's easy to decipher the actual age of the user (no matter what they put down) by reading the content of their question.

Back to your question; I have asked some questions in the past but have not taken the responder's advice. Especially when I receive a response from some just-out-of diapers teenager who hasn't got any life experience to speak of.

• Say you're looking for a woman to connect with, and you like a woman who seems interested no one, certainly not you. I thought, still think, that you may want to first try find someone more welcoming, more inviting, more friendly.

But then one girl said that a guy should talk to her anyway, just because being hit on is affirming for the woman.

Not sure I believe it, and I'm not sure I'm going to do it, but I'm going to think about it, and maybe that's something.

• Yes, the advice I got from someone here really influenced me...boy did it ever!