Why can't I get a boyfriend?

i have only had one boyfriend if you can even call it that, I was kind of blindsided to saying yes then he dumped me 2 days later...I am shy especially around guys at first but if we start talking then I open up really quickly but I am a little more forward when it comes to making friends with girls. I'm 5'10 blond hair blue eyes, small boobs (32B), cute butt and VERY wide hips, long legs,I and I dance so my legs are pretty toned. I know I am not the prettiest girl what can I do to have guys take interest in me?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. You are tall, and that is going to intimidate a lot of guys, especially ones who are shorter than you. Unfortunately, you can't really do anything about that, other than wear flats over heels so you don't further exaggerate your height. As you get older, and guys get more secure, this will be less of a problem.

2. You are shy at first, and so you probably miss it when guys notice you or are playing you extra attention. When they do this, they are looking for signs from you that you are interested in them too. If you don't give them those signs, they assume you aren't interested and they give up and move along. So you have to pay attention, and you have to find a way to respond (even just starting a short conversation) when they give you attention.

3. Your looks aren't a problem, so put that out of your mind. Focus on being more outgoing and working on your personality (let guys see you being fun and positive, and they'll want to be part of your circle and to get to know you). You have all the looks you need; it's your shyness and being oblivious when guys give you attention that's the problem, which also means a hair style or new outfit or losing a few pounds won't fix it. You're going to have to learn to take some chances socially by talking to some guys.

What Guys Said 1

• just be yourself and keep dancing if you like that, there is no need

to adapt yourself to be liked more, what you are doing sounds good enough

and by the numbers you're pretty too, you're still young, you don't

need to rush into a relationship.

if you really need to have a boyfriend soon, you might have to build up

some confidence so you won't be as shy around guys, though some

guys may find it cute, if you have a sister you could ask her for advice

or even your friends.

What Girls Said 3

• I've had a few boyfriends and my most successful relationship was when we'd already been friends first. If you make friends or already have friends who are guys who knows what could happen, maybe you could end up dating. If your really desperate (which I hope your not) I know a lot of my friends met boys off Facebook and met up and went out. Personally I don't think this is the safest or most responsible choice to make but that is totally up to you. One more thing I did and as you can imagine plenty of other girls do is act like a slut. Put revealing photos on Facebook make sure everyone knows your not a virgin (even if you are). When your a teenager most boys are obsessed with sex and seeing revealing photos is the closest they get. When I put a photo on Facebook of myself in a short dress after a few day plenty of people had liked it by then and by sharing with a guy I wasn't a virgin he suddenly wanted sex. After a while I realized it's not a good thing being a slut it makes you common and its better being classy and once I leave high school where everyone is immature and go to college I can meet new guys who I know will like me for me and the right reasons. My true advise is not to be desperate and be patient and just be yourself and relax its common to in a situation like this, just remember you are young and you will experience so much more still don't worry. Hope this helps.

• I did not have my first boyfriend till I turned 18 and I am still with him (I always wanted one throughout high school) but looking back I am glad I didnt, I was also shy like you. be careful because everything your parents say about boys only having one thing on their mind is true for the majority of guys that age. Do not try to change to get noticed, the guy you want to be with will want you because of the person that you are. trust me there is someone for everyone

• well chill girl, I'm almost 21 and never had one if that makes you feel any better. Don't worry, you're beautiful don't let the fact that u're single affect your confidence level and make you start doubting yourself.