What to talk about? when you have nothing to talk about?

i'm sure you've been in situations where you just can't think of anything to talk about? what's your methods for dealing with that?

I feel like I'm always the one askign questions, and like I would like to have something interesting to say rather than oh how was class, and typical small talk.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just let it go. It seems to debase you when you're trying to pursue some thing where the other person is not interested. Some times you don't have anything in common. You generally don't struggle to find things to talk about when there's chemistry. I would assume the other person is not interested in me though if they're not asking about me. That or they're obliviously rude and socially inept, in which case, it's not worth your analysis either. If you let the conversation breathe and shut up for a moment, you often find that the other person starts to contribute more. But generally, not to chase conversations if the other person is not interested.

What Girls Said 1

• Unless you're on the phone, you don't always have to say anything. The chemistry is just there. Anyway, the other person is under the same pressure. It's not all on you.

What Guys Said 1

• Use your imagination. I've talked to some people for 10 hours straight without running out of things to say... If I find a conversation is going nowhere with someone, then they probably are not that interesting or very shy and socially awkward.