Should I let him pay for prom or should I pay him back?

I'm a junior in high school and he's a freshman in college. I told him I wanted to go to prom and he said of course. Now he has a job and I don't and my dad already said he wasn't going to give me money for prom. I do have some money in my bank account but its little. Prom tickets are $60 each and after me telling him the previous he insisted he pays for my prom ticket. I was the one who mentioned prom in the first place but he's going to ask me on the perfect moment he said..so he's technically inviting me or will which means he has to pay but at the same time is my prom..so what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should pay your own ticket in full.

What Guys Said 1

• Pay him back in another way... He'll appreciate it more and you will too.

P.s. My prom was $175 per ticket and homecoming was $125! Imagine that.

What Girls Said 1

• I say find another way to pay him back other than paying directly for the tickets, like buying him lunch or something to thank him. It won't cost you as much, but it will show that his kind act didn't go unnoticed. I think he will understand that you would like to pay him back in any way you can, and he did say that he wanted to pay for the tickets. Paying him back directly may hurt his masculinity...