Casual coffee or is it a date?

What is the difference? We met where I work. We smiled at each other a few times and then he started talking to me and asked me to grab coffee with him. He paid, pulled out my chair and held doors, was being flirty, definite sexual tension, got my number and said he will call me and we should get together.

So...I'm pretty sure this is a date right? We aren't coworkers and really have nothing to do with each other professionally.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds much like a date to me!

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah, there's a pretty good chance this was a date, or at least date-like. Still, this was never really specifically mentioned as a date, was it? So I say that while this sounds really great, if you want to know if it was a date for sure, in his mind, you should ask him. It's not like it's that awkward of a question.

In conclusion: Yeah maybe. Ask him.

• What about that does NOT sound like a date? Yes it was a date!

What Girls Said 1

• Don't bother over analysing and putting labels on things, you went out, you had a great time and he's going to call you so just see how it goes :)