Is this an OK way to decide who to date? Guys and girls please answer?

OK I am on a dating site

and have met and am talking to several

guys. Is it bad manners to go on dates

with each of them, so I get an idea of

who I REALLY click with. My friends say

this I shallow, but I'm sure guys on dating

sites do this too. I mean its just having dinner

and going for a walk. What do you think!?!

What Guys Said 1

• IMO, it's not only okay, it's a good idea. You can't really know someone until you've spent some time with them in real life.

And I would be open about it IF they ask, but let them know that you are only doing "compatibility dating" right now, and that nothing is or will be sexual until you've found the right guy. If they have a brain in their head, they will understand.

In the old days (well before I was even dating), this was called "going on dates" and most girls dated multiple guys, until she found one she clicked with and started "going steady" with him. Folks these days mostly skip right over the "dating" portion, and that's unfortunate, because they'd do a much better job picking out partners if they did it the old way. Maybe that's why people used to stay together so much more then, and so rarely today.

What Girls Said 1

• This is far from shallow, I think it's a great idea. It's just a date, which is not the same as having a committed relationship with someone. I think sometimes girls might get frowned upon by someone for dating multiple men, because those people associate dating with sleeping around. If you're just dating and not going beyond that with any of them, no harm no foul. You'll have fun meeting a lot of guys and it'll help you get a better idea of what exactly you want from a man. Just make sure the guys know, that you are just dating, that you're only interested in meeting people for now. :o)