My guy friend wants to hang out with me... how do I tell my boyfriend this?

a really good guy friend of mine keeps asking me to do things with him, like have dinner, go watch a movie, go see a concert, or just go for walks. I'm not sure if he has feelings for me or not so it's hard for me to keep saying no. I eventually accepted one of his invitations.

the problem is, I have a boyfriend of 6 months. do I need to tell him about this? although we're exclusive, we haven't had the exclusivity talk yet, and I don't want to sound pushy.

if you were in my situation, how would you bring this up to your bf? I just need to figure out what to say.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in a similar situation. I contacted a girl I used to be friends and brought up what happened the last couple times we hung out and I said that it seemed like she wanted to be more than friends she said she doesn't remember and I said I remember like it was yesterday. She told me she has a boyfriend but we could hang out if I wanted to. I'm glad she told me the truth about her having a boyfriend. Knowing that I decided I won't hang out with her. Go ahead and tell your friend you have a boyfriend. That way your friend will move onto some other girl. If he has feelings for you he should have said it by now. So I guess he just wants to be really close friends with you.

What Guys Said 1

• You should have told your boyfriend that you have guy friends before you even started dating.

What Girls Said 2

• trust me, girls can be friends with guys, but guys will always have sleeping with you in the back of their mind.

its just the way their brains work.

tell him your guy friend wanted to hang out, and if he doesn't like it (or gives you the impression!) I wouldn't go...

• I would invite him along. I bring my boyfriend everywhere to begin with, but when there is a guy friend involved I let him know hey these people wanted to hang out wanna come? That way he feels more secure and involved in your life instead of getting pushed out of the picture when someone else comes around (girl or guy doesn't matter)