What's the point of living if nobody ever wants to hangout with you?

Their is only so much you can do by yourself. Nobody ever returns my phone calls or want to do anything with me.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's sad you feel that way, but I think most people can relate to you, because everybody's felt lonely at some point in their life. It sounds like you're trying to make friends with people who you don't have much in common with. Or do you call by landline? Because using mobile phones can be expensive. I wonder if texting would get more replies.

I don't know what you do, but maybe you could go to university. People say that the friends you make there are the best friends you will ever make and I can see the truth in that. Or maybe you could do some hobby/activity which involves a group. For example, join a canoeing club.

If nothing helps, then maybe you should see a councillor or a psychotherapist and tell them this. they could help you get to the root of what the problem is. They might find out that it's you perceiving things the wrong way, or may find out why people would not want to do anything with you.

Don't define your life just by how many friends you have. You could start volunteering for a charity that you believe in. This will make you feel like your life has instantly been given more value as you will be doing more good than a lot of people.

What Girls Said 4

• i felt the same way for a long time.

im one of those shy people, and its hard to find someone who wants to deal with breaking your shell..

i'd suggest talking to a councellor or something... just know you are not the only one who feels this way.

psht. make your own fun!

im saving up to go skydiving this summer!

you don't need others for everything!

:)

• i wanan go skydiving too but too expensive >_>

• only around 200$ lol I think it's well worth it!

• Good Music helps :) Plus when you do hang out with people you can say you are a mysterious loner and the girlies will say MMMMM how fine ; )

• try to open up to new people, we only live once, and that is one of God's greatest gifts, don't give it away

• i got used to it. my friends in high school never wanted to hang out with me outside of school so I learned to entertain myself.

now that we're in college I try to avoid them but they just don't leave me alone.

i got so used to doing my own thing, I get angry if they want to hang out with me.

i usually play video games, draw, study, cook for fun, bake stuff, play with my pets, or solve some math problems for fun when I'm not at school or work.

my friends got me used to this lonely style so they shouldn't be complaining. they missed their chance so oh well. I'm really happy to hangout by myself. and you should be happy you get to hang out by yourself too. but if you're really bothered by that and feel like you need some friends, I guess you have to go out and make some. are you in college? or do you work? maybe you can meet people there. I see people in class just talk to the people next to them and they start being friends that way. its never happened for me but I'm OK with that now.

• No I'm not in school and my job doesn't really have any social interaction. I was just like you, I guess I either never cared to hangout with anyone after school or could never get anyone to hangout with after school. I can't remember which one it was, but one day it's like I just woke up and realized wow I've just been in my own little world doing my own thing for the last 5 years or so. I'm going back to college next month so hopefully I can make some friends there.

What Guys Said 3

• people kinda suck, why would you wanna hang out with them

when I'm alone I might wanna hang out with people but when I'm hanging out with people, I just want to be alone.

• easy

go out make new friends that enjoy doing things you enjoy doing

• Even if they did, what's the point? There are about 7 billion people on this planet. What is so special about one individual? Then you look up to the stars and realize that you are extremely insignificant in the grand scheme of things.