Girls would you prefer a call or text?

when you are starting to see someone, would you prefer a call or a text? I am always told that text is the better option, but I am wondering what your opinion is.

• Call her
  • Text her
  • It doesn't matter

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really care, but there are times when one or the other is more appropriate when just starting out.

If you have a quick message or question, then I think it's better done via text.

If you need to say more or if you have something more complex to say, then a phone call might be the way to go.

Once things have progressed, I'm a fan of calling to say goodnight at least, or having even a short phone conversation every day or every other day. It's nice to hear a voice.

What Girls Said 10

• text! then you have some time to think of a response!

and you can just stop texting if things get weird!

i don't want to find an excuse to hang up if I don't like them, and I don't want people listening in or haveing to find a quiet place to hear the convo!

• I prefer a call, but I haven''t really gotten into the whole text culture.

• Text her for normal everyday stuff, if you're apart for awhile then call.

• texts at first then why you get closer call her, its nice to talk on the phone and means more that just staring at words on a screen :)

• Texting for the first week or so, then calling. Once you're on the level of casual talking, I wouldn't mind him calling me once every 3-4 days (if we're not dating).

• textings alright, but just call her one day and be like just wanted to hear your voice, short and sweet nothing too clingy

• I prefer text at first because I will be shy, but when you get closer, I always prefer calling.

• Call. Texting takes too long, talking is faster.

• Calling is always better! It let's her know that you actually want to talk to HER and not your phone. She might get nervous but she'll be so thrilled that you rang her (she'll be bouncing around happy after the phone call).

• Texting is just easier, and less awkward when your getting to know someone. Plus I hate getting on the phone with that never shut up type and have to make up some lame excuse to get off.

What Guys Said 2

• i don't know I find text can get a bit silly and not always the best way to communicate , phone is more to the point

• text for like a week... then call as time goes on