Is this normal for my age?

I am not all that interested in the girls at my college as most dress very degrading, however several have taken a liking to me, and I've kindly expressed without saying I'm not interested. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with me? A girl walks up in a very revealing bikini and all I can do is look at her in disgust... I'm not gay, but I just don't like girls in revealing cloths, and I actually kind of look down upon them, and find them less attractive, is this normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't find it strange that you prefer girls who are more conservative in the way they dress. They have more mystery and are more lady-like, which is refreshing. Especially considering that there are many girls who don't hesitate to bare almost everything in order to be perceived as sexy and hot, which actually achieves the opposite effect and comes across as cheap or even desperate. I don't think it's weird, it's just your own personal preference: you don't like girls who wear revealing clothes and you aren't attracted to them.

What Girls Said 4

• Of course it's normal! It means you have standards, it is OK for guys to have standards as well don't let that Axe Body Wash bull sh*t mentality make you feel like some pariah. So you don't follow the flock, big deal, good for you. Just be proud of who you are and what you believe in.

Personally I find that type of dress degrading as well, women call it liberating yest they get all pissed from the reaction they get and it's back to square one. If you look like a piece of meat, walk like a piece of meat, people are going to think you are a piece of meat. And for you haters who disagree with me this is just my opinion, let's agree to disagree ok?

PLEASE don't change on account of people judging you or you having different beliefs.

• I understand if you don't find anyone interesting at the moment...

but to feel Disgust? If a girl is walking around in a bikini who is overweight, body hair or some other kind of eyesore to your liking then that's a bit normal.. and understandable.. However, if she has a nice biking body or an average body and you feel disgust.. I think it's not normal.

There are people who hate human beings because we tend to ruin everything.. but to hate with a passion like that, there's got to be something mentally wrong with those people.

Maybe you're going through a phase? Maybe something happened to you, and it has affected you in some way, and this is why you are reacting this way...Hmm..Idk. Just don't go all psychotic.

• It's not 'normal' to the people around you and there is nothing wrong with you.

• Everyone's attracted to something different

What Guys Said 3

• I am very similar. I still find some of the girls attractive in terms of how they look, but I am not interested in a relationship with any of them. I am not gay, but that's just the way I am. It's normal. There are all kinds of people out there, and most of them are normal just like you and me.

• I don't think that's normal.

• No man, it's completely normal. In high school, I used to find it sexy when a girl wears less clothes, but in college, my maturity level went up.