Advice: This is how it should be, right?

Okay. I should explain this story. It's pretty long, but I'll try to keep it short. I met this guy. I grew attached to him. I really liked him, for months and it seemed as though he liked me too. He gave me all the signs that he liked me too. One day, a couple months ago, I somehow got the nerve to ask him out. It wasn't my proudest moment. I felt myself forcing it. It didn't feel right. He didn't understand what I meant and the next day, when I called to confirm, he was confused. From there he basically said he just wanted to remain friends. I was relieved. I made the wrong choice and it kind of made me see how big of a fool I was being. I didn't like him for the right reasons. I wasn't who I wanted to be around him. I was constantly nervous and fidgety and I wasn't myself. I don't know what was wrong with me. Anyways, it was a good thing he rejected me. We remain friends. We're close, but I've been keeping a distance. The problem is that we are good friends. And I've noticed that he's beginning to show signs that he may still like me (even though he explained he liked another girl). But anyways, he gets nervous around me. I don't know why...BUT ANYWAYS! Ever since I backed off of him. His friend and I have become better friends. I think I was such an ass and not seeing all the other great people around me, that I was focusing on him and it definitely clouded my vision.

His friend and I have been friends for the same amount of time. I've always felt like I've known him for a long time. He has that personality where he can talk to you and he makes you feel like you're best friends. He's an amazing guy. We actually began to talk more when we began playing Draw Something and Scramble. We would text each other back and forth on what we did or how we did. And it's fun. He's so smart and funny.

He always texts me to let me know how that he's beating his two other friends. He gets so excited, it's cute. However, he's a little bit older than me. I'm 25 and he's 33. I don't really care about the age difference because it doesn't even feel like he's that much older than me. We have a lot in common and think a like. I think I focused my attention on the wrong guy. However, I am afraid of anything that happens going forward, because I'm starting to understand how the first guy felt when he said he just wanted to be friends. I don't want to mess anything up, so I'm trying to keep my distance. I've been the one to express my feelings towards a guy all the time, and I always get shut down. I think this new guy likes me too. I'm not sure, but I'm going to play it cool. He can take the lead, because I'm tired.

But, I can't stop thinking about him. He's seriously everything a man should be. It's pretty ridiculous. LOL! I have a completely different feeling towards him than the previous guy. I'm not as nervous. I'm pretty comfortable around him. I'm pretty straight forward with him. I don't find myself wanting to hide anything. These are good signs, right?

What Guys Said 1

• yea, good signs, just keep hanging out and flirting with him and he will take the lead, don't even say anything about feelings or anything, first guy just be friends but that's it, don't get stuck between guys or you will lose both as friend and lover. peace.

What Girls Said 0