What's the best dating advice you ever got?

What's the best dating advice you ever got? For me it was: If you ask a girl out and she doesn't say "yes" or make a counteroffer, then she's not interested and every effort to convince her otherwise is futile. It was hard to accept but saved me a lot of time.

What were your best dating advices?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 10

• Be honest... whether your dating them and your not interested...tell them ! If you have to break up with them...there is no right time ! Just be honest at all times...that's all I got ha ha :)

• "Txting is the easy way out, meeting in person and getting to know them that way is the best way"

"Get to know someones intentions, and never rush into anything"

"Sometimes playing the good girl in life will get you behind" basically mom telling me to take risks every once in a while :)

• "Don't settle for anyone who treats you less than a princess, because that's what you deserve. You are a princess"

That's not to say I expect to be put on a pedestal, but it's taught me not to take any sh*t. I know how I deserve to be treated, and I won't settle for less.

• "If either of them was the one, you'd have no trouble picking"

In other words, if you're stuck choosing between 2 girls/guys do yourself a favour and let them both go. I can see how this wouldn't apply for a great deal of people, but I'm the kinda hopeless romantic who wouldn't stop until finding someone they clicked with perfectly.

• There's a quote in scripture that to me suggests that God will give make the guy chase after you when you are seeking HIs face and worshipping Him and you don't have to chase after the guy...

I'm through with trying to impress guys. I am just going to try to raise my socio-economic status and appearance until the right guy comes along but I won't waste a single hour trying to win over somebody who is not interested.

• "F**k it just do it"

I think its helpful about 50% of the time, the other 50% gets you into trouble and you realize maybe you shouldn't have just "done it". Still, makes for good stories and an interesting life. Also requires less effort in thinking XD

• Know your worth,

Be honest,

Get to know them as a person/ friend first.

Don't over think it

• ALWAYS be straightforward and explain how you're feeling in a clear and precise manner.

• If you find something that you don't think you could handle for the rest of your life, don't settle. Don't waste your time and move on to someone else! "Date to find a mate!"

• Let it the f*** go, he is ignoring you for a reason - harsh but oddly appropriate

What Guys Said 10

• In no particular order:

1.) Be yourself, love who you are, stary true to yourself

2.) Your time with any given woman is not guaranteed for eternity so enjoy every moment you have with her

3.) You know what being a man is? Coming to terms with the fact that you're completely alone in the world and always will be, even when other people are around. Its not depressing its reality. When you find the strength to be completely alone for the rest of your life without feeling lonely you become a source of strength and are ironically far more likely to find "love."

• #3, I think, is applicable to girls too. Girls who think that they need a guy to "complete them" will jump at the opportunity to be with any guy. Having that self-awareness and being okay with allows you to better develop who you are and be ready for whoever may come in your romantic life.

• Yes definetely!

• Mine is sorta of life advice as well as dating advice. I'm not sure if it was actually told to me by a single person or just something I sort of picked up from people.

Being a nice person doesn't get you respect from people, demanding it does. People respect those who grab life by the balls and take what they want, as opposed to those who just kiss everyone's ass and then expect to be entitled to things.

• You have to know whole session of the advice to understand it all but my best friend who was the first dominatrix of India told me before she passed away said

"If this girl (or anyone for that matter) cannot see how great of a person you are? They aren't worth your time. I will mentally kick this girls ass for you. Don't forget that ever hun. Trust me this is going to sound bad because I'm getting married but you are drop dead gorgeous. So much I would have sex with you myself. "

Wednesday night will be the year until she said it and I've never forgotten those final words. hold them in my heart forever as much as I hold onto that friendship.

link

• I can't recall being given good advice, in person, by anyone.

• Grow a pair, stop worrying about social games and just say/act as you please (within reason, but not required), and start realizing who/what people are and who/what they are not (not on pedestals, for example)

Oh, and to ignore PUA material or those who fall for it.

• Demand alot...and also give a lot to your partner.

Lackluster effort in a relationship by EITHER person is doomed for failure.

• it takes two to dance tango

• Test for interest, bring the sexual agenda along, get to rejection soon

• Never ask women about advice on dating women LOL...

• That is excellent advice.

For me, it was this.

Women often have no clue what they actually want. And no matter what they say, women want us to be men. They don't like it when we are weak, spineless, always giving in or backing down. It makes them nervous and eventually angry. So be a man. Take charge.

• I concur.

In the field of dating, there is quite a large disconnect between what females on average SAY they want...and what they actually RESPOND to.

Trying to "reinvent the wheel" with feminist and new-age "gender role re-definition"...isn't working.

Stick to the basics of masculinity that has worked since the beginning of time, and any guy struggling will be OK. :)