Having trouble getting that first kiss with my girlfriend. How do you know it's time and how do I do it?

First of all, it's hard to have some privacy for reasons I'm not getting into because it's not important. Yesterday we spend time together at my house but my parents were around and it would feel very awkward to do something in front of them. We were holding hands but that's it. Then my parents left to get ready for church and we were alone for about ten minutes and I was thinking that this is my chance. What ended up happening is I put my arm around her and kissed her on the cheek but that moment that you feel before a first kiss that we look into each others' eyes and you just feel this is it didn't happen. I didn't want to force it on her because I didn't feel like she was ready so it didn't happen. How do you know it's time and how do I do it? Do I just do it or wait for that special moment when we feel that spark and feel like it's time.

Most Helpful Girl

• Look, this may not be what you want to hear.. but ALL of my first kisses where so awkward. I get so nervous. The first boyfriend, I missed his mouth. They guy I am dated now and have been with for about a year.. we had been dating for 3 weeks to a month and I still had not kissed him.. and then I got out of his truck, decided I need to do it already, got back in his truck, and freaking attacked him. then got out and texted an apology. Ha. But he thought it was cute. YOU are the guy so it's going to be different.

You need to make sure it is when she feels comfortable. You can tell when a girl wants to kiss you because she will subtly touch more, like when you sit, your bodies may touch in a line all the way down (shoulders to knees) maybe she will hold your hand. When you look at each other, it's a silent acknowledgement. She may look in your eyes, look at your lips, be embarrassed and nervous and look away. This are all good signs.

Definitely set the mood. Be in a place that is private. not bright lighting. When you do kiss her, don't shove your tongue down her throat. Don't go in when your mouth gaping. Lips slightly parted. Start with a sweet, simple, no tongue kiss, and go at her pace. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• Yeh wait for the moment .. if you don't feel confident enough to do it , then don't do it , it wasn't meant to be :) it should be a relaxing moment in which both of you are really into it .. maybe next time she will cooperate more

• Sounds lie the two of you haven't been together for a long time, the first kiss is always easier when you're alone, for example you could watch a movie together and while the two of you are sitting close together, you could turn to face her and kiss her slowly and see after her reaction, or maybe something else, but yeah, for the first time, it's always a lot easier when you're alone :)

- Good luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• How long has she been your gf? You should only be kissing at her door step after you drop her off after the 2nd date...and then all the other dates after.