How do I tell him without hurting his feelings?

This guy asked me to prom. I said yes, I don't know him super well but he's nice and we've hung out a few times. Now as prom gets closer I'm stressing out. I'm the only one out of my friends who has a date so they don't really want me to hang out with them before prom. I know prom's going to be awkward. He wants to hang out all the time and do stuff to prepare for prom like getting flowers for each other together and stuff. I've never gone to a dance with a boy before and I'm already completely stressed because of school and after school activities. I want to tell him that if we go to prom together it has to be REALLY low key, like to to the dance, after prom and go home. I can't hang out before that. Is there a good way to tell him that?

What Guys Said 1

• Wow, you are dumb...

• well you're rude. why do you say I'm dumb?

• Besides that I'm getting pretty much shunned by my friends because I'm going with a guy. So yeah, I'm not really sure what to do. I'm completely confused which is why I asked for help. Which I obviously didn't get, I only got criticism

• Ok

What Girls Said 0