Is waiting a week too long?

So this guy gave me his number last week and told me to text him. It's been about a week and I just realized that I really do like him but now I'm worried that I waited to long to text him. We only have one class together (gym) plus lunch so I can't really text him about a class we have together. So did I blow it by waiting to long to text him or do I still have a chance? If so what should I say?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a bit long, but I also think that you still have a chance. I would suggest messaging him by now and maybe apologizing for not getting back to him sooner. Maybe throw in something about being busy or something, but don't go into too much detail. You still have a chance, but try not to wait too long in future. Five days is usually about as long as it should ever take.

As for what you should talk about, just talk about school in general. Talk about yourself. Talk about him. Talk about his interests, and if you don't know them, ask them. Talk about your interests. Anything is good. Just say whatever, and try to let it flow evenly and naturally. You should be fine.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I'd be thinking f*** you by now if we haven't talked since then.

What Girls Said 2

• He's lucky you're going to text him at all. If he's gonna be pissed off about it he should've been the man and gotten your number.

• I definitely don't think its too long because to him, you could have been busy or occupied with other things. If the guy really liked you too, he would also wait. As a girl, I know sometimes you have to sit down and think about if you really want to make that move and text him. And now that you think you really like him, go for it! Time is only a number and it should not affect your final decision. If he likes you, this shouldn't matter and if he doesn't, then its his loss. Don't be so concerned with that but what you feel :).