He's mad because I thought he wasn't being honest. What do I do?

We were only dating casually, but all these warning signs kept showing up making me think he had a girlfriend. I'd asked him about it before and he didn't answer me really. Then when something slapped me upside the head and my three best guys said he had a girlfriend, I said something about it. Now he's pissed and won't even talk to me, said I was crazy for flipping out over one thing. He doesn't know it was like ten things in a short period of time. When I confronted him he answered directly, but only after getting mad and basically saying he doesn't want to talk to me anymore. He said no, but it was a weird answer, like it was a new development that he was single. I really like him, and if I was wrong I really am sorry, and I told him so. He hasn't even asked why I would think that, beyond the one reason I had a chance to bring up when I talked to him. I know to back off, but is there something else I can do? Should I even worry about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• No trust = no solid foundation. You didn't trust him and that doesn't feel good. Sounds like he got pretty upset about it so he may be lieing to you. I'd leave this one be. Either way it's a bad deal. Don't go snooping around for answers from other people, go to the source. If you ever feel something is going on, keep quiet and just observe, you'll figure it out on your own. If he had been lieing, you would have eventually found some proof, without coming across as untrusting. If he wasn't lieing, you never would have jeopardized your chances with him if you hadn't asked.

What Guys Said 1

• I see two issues here. First it sounds like you didn't really trust him to begin with. When you felt there was something wrong you looked for confirmation of your suspicions from sources you trust. Even if he is completely innocent, you never trusted him to begin with and I feel it's not likely those feelings will change for you. The second issue I see is that he doesn't seem to care enough about you to even attempt to prove you wrong and if your really honest with yourself, do you really think he could? Do you really believe he could prove his innocence so completely that you would believe him? If he did manage to do that, then that means that your three best guys were lying. In this case, based on what you've said, I feel it might simply be wiser to forget it and find someone else before you invest too much time and energy into a relationship with him.

• Lol you're right I think. I had mentioned one of the things that made me think he had a chick to him, and he gave the most ridiculous excuse I'd ever heard, along with not directly answering me. He was so honest and forthcoming with his answers that it was really conspicuous when he wasn't. I just don't know how to handle this attitude he's got. I had every right to ask if he was making me his side chick.

• Sometimes guys don't see questions about "faithfulness" as a girl being jealous but more of an attack on their honesty. So if you ask a guy if he's "cheating" he might not see it as a girl just being a little jealous but more of a direct attack on his "honor".

What Girls Said 1

• I think he might have a girlfriend. I had a sistuation very similar to this and I asked him a million times if he had a girlfriend but he lied the whole time. Go with your intuition !