Name a dating site you have tried and had success on?

I'm not looking. I'm just curious as to what are people's results. Ya know?

Most Helpful Guy

• Okcupid is good. I have a profile but I don't check it much, it can be very time consuming. Here is what I have found: women online get BOMBARDED by douchebag guys sending messages to them. And I don't mean "hey what's up, I"m interested in getting to know you messages". I mean "I want to f*** you and have babies with you" kind of messages so women tend to either go on once and never again, or they actually have the patience to weed through all those messages for the few decent guys. From what I have seen, women expect the men messaging them to be supermodels. I have had incredible success with women in the outside world, but I'm horrible at online. I find it difficult to connect and even more difficult to portray who I am from a few paragraphs and pictures, and I have some pretty amazing things going on in my life.

If you want to try online, here is my advice: it will be difficult but you will have to weed through all the a**holes. Once you do, realize that the remaining guys that message you can potentially be much better in person than a profile and a few pictures can depict. So be nice and open minded. Online dating can be incredibly time consuming, that said you control how much time you spend on it.

What Guys Said 4

• A long time ago I had a lot of success with Plenty Of Fish. I got a ton of dates off of there, and more than a few girlfriends. Some last, some didn't, but I found that both regular and online dating had that in common. Anyway that was years ago. I've been with someone for several years now.

• okcupid.com

• Not a single one for me.

• OKcupid is really good for being free.

What Girls Said 3

• I'll chime in and say that OkCupid is a good site. animalwithin is absolutely spot on in saying that women get bombarded - a good 80% of the messages I got during the time I used the site were either inappropriate or just really... nondescript. A lot of guys don't put a lot of thought into the messages they send out, it seems, so you wind up with eight messages that say "hey what's up" and two messages that actually address something you said you were interested in or ask questions to start a conversation. Guess which ones I reply to?

I did meet a good handful of really (seemingly) nice people, had some really good conversations, and got a few dates out of it. Not bad for a stint at online dating.

• I've had luck on both Plenty of Fish and OK Cupid. I found OK Cupid to have less people from where I am from on it. But that was several years ago. If you live in the states you should be okay :)

Plenty of fish is good too. There are a lot of people on there, because it's one of the more popular sites.

I really liked OK Cupid for the quizzes because it gave me another reason to visit the site on a regular basis.

• Plenty of fish