Which is the hardest part of dating?

What's your #1 tip to improve dating luck?

Please leave us your #1 tip on how to improve your dating luck, ie. HOW TO:

- meet new people to potentially date

- break the ice with said people

- ask said people out on dates

- genuinely like another human being

In the poll! Tell us, which is the hardest part of dating?

• Hardest part of dating = finding new people to meet.
  • Hardest part of dating = approaching attractive people.
  • Hardest part of dating = asking someone out.
  • Hardest part of dating = finding people you have chemistry with.
  • Dating isn't hard, it's awesome.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely finding chicks I have chemistry with.

There are lots of pretty girls. Beautiful girls! Approachable girls.. but I just don't feel that "spark" with a lot of them, only with certain few girls I've ever felt that funky feeling, when time stops, your mood is elevated and there's just nothing else you even think about apart from what is 'now'...

Every girl wants to be special, to feel special, to be treated special.. just in my eyes not every girl is one of that "kind".. and it wouldn't make any sense if it would be any different.

• ooo I totally know what you mean... that feeling is special and so hard to find... and hard to give up on when you do find someone who makes you feel it.

What Guys Said 14

• I will suspect that D is going to be the most common answer, especially in women, because people now a days have unrealistic expectations of what a relationship should feel like. People (again more so women), want a fairytale romance which really doesn't exist. As a result 9/10 people they meet, they will assume they have no chemistry with, when in actuality, probably half of them were probably a relatively good match.

• I think I can tell chemistry pretty quick. Every time I have given a guy a second or third chance to see if maybe we DO have chemistry, its always a NO. Its either there right away or it isn't - in my experience anyway.

• Yes and no. The first girl I "loved" I didn't have a lot of chemistry with right away and almost broke up with, but she was a good girlfriend so I gave it some time an effort and I ended up falling in love with her.

Either way I was mostly talking about relationships ending. Lots of people feel chemistry early on, but so many people break up after a month because they don't give love a chance to blossom.

• I voted D since it pretty much encompasses A-C. But they're all difficult in their own way.

• I voted "C" because this ? refers to both genders.

If this ? was aimed solely at men I would vote "B".

• D by far...

• Somewhere between B and D, but I voted D because for me that's harder.

Why?

Well Im...different really, not in a bad way or anything, things like the way I dress, the music I listen to, things like that. Yeah, I'm a metalhead, but finding a girl who appreciates me for who I am, isn't an easy task, but at the moment I don't really give a sh*t.

All girls have done for me is problems, so why bother? More time for Starcraft 2.

• lol yay starcraft

but also - you'll find someone. you will. it will just take a long time... :)

• finding new people but to me asking people out is very hard too I don't know when is the right time to do it.

• if she likes you back, pretty much any time is fine. if she doesn't - it could be the perfect moment and she would still say no. so it doesn't really matter when/how you do it! don't worry about it! :)

• but how would you know if she likes you back? a lot of the signs are very subtle and ambiguous. plus she could just be very flirty in general.

• you don't know. you can never know until you ask her out. so just do it. :)

• it's a combination of A and B for me, but I pick A

• for me it was a mix of B and C but in the end it's harder asking them out so C was my final choice.

• i voted B

but D comes really close too

• hardest part for me is just finding a way to put myself in a situation where I could be around girls to talk to.

after that, its not so hard.

asking a girl out can be scary sometimes but, I'm a pretty brave guy.

• try volunteering - you meet great people and its easy to socialize

• nah, I would feel bad doing something like that just to meet a girl. I'd have to do it mainly to help people.

i have been thinking about volunteering for something tho.

• A. Because they are in different countries.

• I knew the results would be something like this haha.

~85% of females compete for the top ~15% of males.

• um no its not? why do you think that? its just chance, as far as I can tell

• I think it is. There's a lot more to it than looks, especially for women.

• I'd say B

• For me Id say B haha.

• A, because I don't have many friends, not that outgoing because of that.

What Girls Said 16

• Combination of A and D in my case. I have trouble 1) meeting new people and 2) meeting guys who I have stuff in common with (not so much chemistry). I'm a pizza delivery girl, and apparently that's really attractive because I seem to attract a lot of guys. My thing is that I'm a Christian, I don't smoke/drink/do drugs, I'm close with my family, and I have strong morals including no sex before marriage. The problem is none of the guys who hit on me share those qualities.

• B. I see attractive guys all over my school, but I never see them anywhere else. I feel awkward approaching random ppl...

• I voted D but I do have an addition

the mind games are terrible , I hate when people play games like hard to get or hot and cold , I think if things were more clear then there wouldn't be as much complications .

• To meet new people to potentially date don't be judgmental of new people you meet. Yes be cautious but keep an open mind to break the ice. Don't be a man hore or a slut just to break the ice, be classy and sophisticated. Don't introduce your body before you introduce your personality!

Asking a person out on a date is not just a man's job, women get out there and plan dates.

How to treat another human being, I just keep in mind how I would like to be treated.

So, I think my #1 tip would be stay real!

• "Don't introduce your body before you introduce your personality!" LOL oops my first mistake.

Altho fashion choices can be a way to do both

• Definitely D..

• finding someone you have chemistry definitely. its easy enough to meet people in general, but finding someone you gel with on a deep level is difficult in my opinion.

• D. That's verrrry hard...

• Finding decent men to date.

• I don't really have a hard time finding people I really get along well with, but somewhere between B & C is righteously hard for me.

• aw how come?

• I couldn't exactly tell you exactly. Some inherent, natural dash of shyness that sits right over my ability to ask things of people. Or convincing myself that someone would want to date me or any number of lame reasons a brain can come up with to scare ya out of doing something.

I don't know exactly :/

• Its hard meeting a decent person.

• For me it's finding new people to meet because I definitely don't want to meet them at bars/clubs. School was sometimes limited and there were no options at work. It's hard to just go up to someone in a grocery store and talk to them. I find that the only place I felt comfortable approaching anyone or asking anyone out was at bars/clubs unfortunately. It's personaly not hard to find people that I have chemistry with because I am an easy person to get along with and flirt with.

• i would suggest volunteering as a way to meet nice people at cool venues

• I have a boyfriend already whom I met online, I was speaking for when I was single not too long ago.

• i chose B.

I don't have a hard time meeting new guys.

well, technically, I don't meet them, since I don't talk to them.

im too shy. I haven't been able to get over my fear of rejection so I can talk to all those guys I've had crushes on.

im tired of not doing anything. and I feel its also my fault they don't approach because I try to act uninterested. why? because they might think I'm easy. or if they aren't interested, I just made myself look stupid for no reason. and they won't want to talk to me.

i know it sounds really stupid.

but I'm terrified of this stuff. D:

• its difficult to actually find a person you have chemistry with or are attracted to!

• As far as attracting mates, I follow a series of instructions passed down from my retarded younger sister. I believe they will be of use to you:

1. Be sure that you can count to potato. No one wants to date a dumbass.

2. Always accentuate your best qualities. Daddy says I should always stick with my personality!

3. Take your pills. No one wants to see you drool all over yourself.

4. EVERY guy secretly wants to be raped. Ask anyone.

5. Watch your weight. People hate skinny girls.

• I picked D. The hardest is finding the chemistry...along with being attracted to each other.

I am limited to who I can date..so it's kind of hard. Most guys are on drugs bad...or have 2+ kids already. I have been with someone on drugs..and can NOT do that again. And, kids...ughm...I still consider myself one in a way. I cannot do neither of those...

• Smile and be friendly. Don't make yourself up TOO much or you don't seem approachable.