Dating younger girls?

I just got out of the Marine Corps and I'm 24 now and have done a lot of partying and am pretty much ready to settle down, I'm in college and am surrounded by girls who are like 19 or 20 though, and I reall would like to date one of them, but I feel like if I date a girl that young it would be robbing her of being able to go out and party and have fun like she should in college. So is it wrong for me to date girls that young, or should I just suck it up until I find a girl closer to my age?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't date a party girl. There are young girls who aren't party girls, but you're right ... it's not fair to want the hot young body but not the young brain. Girls aren't barbies for you to mix and match which parts you like the best so you get your favorite thing and they have to bend their own wishes for the sake of fulfilling all of yours.

What Girls Said 6

• Most guys are a little older than the girls that they date. Its perfectly fine.

And just because a girl is younger doesn't mean she doesn't want the same thing you want. I have been in a relationship since I was 19, I don't feel like I was robbed of anything. Just let her know what you are looking for, if she isn't looking for the same then try someone else.

• No I know a lot of girls who like being in a committed long term relationship. I think girls are much lees about partying than guys are.

• I don't see a problem with it at all. But the question is a little confusing as you say dating, but then you say you want to settle down. If the girl is into you too then go for it whatever you do :)

• If you want to date her then do it. She can decide for herself if you are robbing her of any college experiences. truth be told, I'm 27 now and I was no where NEAR close to wanting to settle down at that age especially during college. If your looking for someone serious then stay away from the party scene.

• Meh, it's not wrong but it would be more suitable to find someone closer to your age. She would have had more time to experience things and her maturity level is most likely *a lot* higher than someone of 19/20. Younger girls may be more willing to marry fast but they don't really know what they're in for. Older girls (but still younger than you) may be less likely but have a pretty good idea of what they're getting themselves into! :)

• just ask one of them out, most girls love older men!

What Guys Said 1

• First of, Thanks for your service, my Bro's in the Corps, and I'm proud of him.

As to dating younger girls, there's nothing wrong with it, you just need to know that it may take a couple tries to find one that is truly ready to settle down already. I know for a fact they exist because I'm with one younger than me and we're pretty set, just waiting for everything to work itself out.

I'm not saying that it's a given, perhaps after a while you'll find someone your age or older.

Basically, It's not bad. There's no harm in seeing if you can find a girl you're willing to give your life to and spend the rest of your time here with, and who is willing to say the same to you, no matter what age she may come to you at. (within moderation of course. =) )

Best of Luck to you