Guys: text msgs and their phones?

Do guys text as much as girls? Do guys take their phones with them all the time?

This guy that I have had this THING with wasn't talking to me ... it had been months. I had msgd him last month and then not again. Then I said the basic hi how are you last night and he didn't reply... Well I was fed up. I mean the guy and I had had this thing for years and I was fed up. so I said to him. "why is it so hard for you to act like an adult and reply." then he says "why is it so hard for you to understand that I work all the time and that I don't always have my phone?"

well I for one would think that he has checked his phone in the last month. am I right?

Or am I in the wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's giving you an indirect message to leave him alone. If he'd said it flat out, he would have said, "I don't respond because I don't want to talk to you". Just quit contacting him, that's the best thing you can do for yourself in this situation. You are right, he definitely checked his phone within the last month. Also, he definitely would have contacted you and made plans if he'd wanted to do so, but he didn't. So what does that tell you? You are also in the wrong for the snotty way you spoke to him, "why is it so hard for you to act like an adult and reply". What kind of response did you think you'd get out of him with a question like that? Oh I miss you so much sorry I didn't call? Dream on, of course that's going to make him defensive, that was probably a huge turnoff . . . if he did have any remaining interest that may have killed it. It's not nice when people just completely ignore you, but don't boost their ego by letting them know it bothers you. Why would you want someone who didn't want you back anyway?

What Guys Said 2

• Obviously he does see your texts because when you challenged him he replied. So clearly he doesn't reply otherwise because he doesn't want to.

• I use my phone to send info or receive info. I never ever get into conversations over text. It takes way to long to say anything of substance.

And during my working hours, my cell phone is off. Anyone who needs to reach me at work, will dial my work number.

What Girls Said 1

• That was just an excuse, If you text and he don't reply back forget him.