Guys do you ever get so busy that you can't talk to your gf?

Even if you really love your girlfriend to death if you do work a lot and have a crazy job in all honesty is there times when you really can't only text or call a once or twice a week?

if it helps to understand his job he is a athletic trainer and manager for a semi pro baseball team
The guy turned out to be a complete creep and should probably be locked up so But I ended things before I found all that out. So thank you to the people who told me to break up with him because there intuition was dead on right that something is off about this person. So good for you :)

Most Helpful Guy

• apparently you girls like it, gives you a chance to miss them, shows you he has a life, after all you want a challenging guy.

• i know I am right, girls don't like guys who make themselves too available

• Yeah your right. Just not in this situation. But you are totally right and dead on :)

What Guys Said 27

• It depends on the amount of time and where you are in the relationship, honestly.

For some people, a god morning and goodnight every day seems a little much. For others, it's expected.

I've had girlfriends that have wanted to have half hour conversations 5 times a day. That's way too much for most healthy people, and even if I weren't in "work mode" I wouldn't want to talk that much. I figure it's time to work. Not chat with my girlfriend.

I'm not big on texting conversations. All that being said, if I'm in a relationship, and I care about someone, even if I'm super busy, they'll get a call back... something, even if it's just a quick call to apologize and let her know when I'm more available. But, I've been brought up to return calls to most people (girlfriend or not). I realize that many people aren't.

• Lets put it this way I'm not a guy so I wouldn't understand so I'm wondering from a guys perspective.So lets say your my boyfriend for ex. your around guys all the time its baseball season and your really busy. When me and my boyfriend do talk we plan for our future together and tell each other how much we love each other and have ridiculously insane phone sex we are really sexual people. So if you were my boyfriend would it be normal for you not to text me at all for a week to focus on work?

• A week? No. I suppose if I lost your number somehow, lost my phone, had baseball, a family member just died, etc, then maybe. I've got a job where unless I'm performing, or out at a networking thing, there would be a call or something at least. I may not be able to do half an hour (though that'd be rare). For me, I'd try to make time.

• just this whole week I will text him like a I love you or something or a I hope you have a fantastic day love you and I never get anything back for days but then days later I get text all day and calls and he tells me how much he loves me and how he can't wait to get engaged and start and family with me. he has baby fever like crazy. so its just weird I don't know if its because he truly is busy or what I have no idea.

• I've worked insane hours as the security manager of a large scale casino, and despite that, I've always been able to make time for a girl I'm dating at the time. Especially for something as simple as a text or a call. Sometimes the small gestures can show how much you care.

• Not possible. I have worked 90 hour work weeks in the past and still had at least some time for my girl in a weeks time.

• Its just some weeks we talk a lot and other weeks I won't hear anything from him for 5 days straight

• BEFORE YOU BREAK UP WITH HIM, talk to him about it. It's becoming a problem to you, so just be straight up with each other and communicate first to see if you can work things out or not. Don't just assume that he's seeing other girls. You don't know that. 7gnat, I hope you feel better knowing you made this girl more insecure than possibly necessary. Don't jump the gun yet.

• Wow what guy ignores a girls texts for 5 days? Really? Someone cannot give her respect to text her right b4 he goes to sleep? And did you read what she wrote about him on the dating site? He has time to go on a dating site but cannot give her a text that would take 30 seconds to write? Really?

• there are times in the day when I'm busy enough to where I can't text/call. But there's always small time intervals during lunch or when I'm off shift.

• It's the same when girls say they are too busy to go out on a date with you. What they really mean is they are not that interested.

If you truly liked someone, you would make time for them.

• Agree with you

• Exactly my point that I can take the hint the confusing thing is that at the end of the week we talk for hours on the phone and he makes it clear how much he loves me and can't wait to put a ring on my finger and how I'm all his and so one.

• Depends on the type of person he is. A lot of people when doing a task tend to focus entirely on the task at hand, so if he's that type, then yeah it's possible. It happens to me all the time. I become extremely focused on whatever I am doing.

• So for 5 days in a row he may not have even 30 seconds to text her b4 he goes to sleep? or right when he wakes up or when he is eating a meal? I have worked even more than 90 hours and still had time to make love to my girl let alone call of text.

• Can't speak for him but that's not how I am. I typically don't communicate unless I have something important to say. Breaking news, things like that. Calling or texting just to reiterate something that's already been established, such as saying I love you, was just never something that felt natural to me.

• I can't really guess how busy a trainer/manager's job would be, but I'd have trouble seeing how it couldn't allow for an occasional text and a decent conversation once a week.

• real people always make time, there is always time every body gets 24 hours a day, old poor or rich.

• Nope. I mean not being able to everyday, understandable. But not being able to even text over the period of a week? That'd have to mean I don't want to talk to her. Maybe other people's situations are different but finding time to text isn't difficult to that level.

• yeah, as much as girls won't admit it, they really don't want to be number one

• if I had a girlfriend I'd still find time to call her or talk to her etc

• Well if I had a girl as cute as you I would sure call a lot more than twice a week. :)

• oh so you met him online...if he is on his match.com account then he is looking for other women... one week with out not contact is a sign of break up... even one day without contact is bad.. if you really like someone. you talk everyday. and plus the longdistance isn't good either... if you want it to work then ask to move in with him or he moves in with you.. distance will but last long.. you see that now currently

• yes I had gotten so busy in the past

• I never have been to busy to not be able to make time for something I want. Even now when I work 50 hours, 6 days a week and have chores to do on the side.

• He might be moody .

He probably has a lot going on his life. And he might be a little depressed to. But I don't think he is playing you.

• well, I don't know if this is relevant but, in my past relationship, my ex was the busy one, but she still usually had time to talk and hang out. only times she couldn't was when she was actually at work and couldn't use her phone.

• yes... I been so busy that I don't even have time for family members once in a while

• If he truly loves you, he'll find time for you. Just like women do

• But don't just dump him. Ask in a concerned way about it and really listen to his response. Maybe there is more to it. Don't accuse him just be open with your concerns

• The question is, can you live without talking to him a lot.

• Well...it kind of is baseball season and well, yeah haha

• No matter what I'd make time

• Yes a lot of times & yeah it pisses us off even more when she can't understand that

• Yes it's possible. Sometimes we get so stressed we don't want to talk to anyone.

• Whenever I am taking a dump I am extremely busy and want to be left alone

• yeah, although that will never be me.

• yeah, otherwise he is seen as needy, clingy, desperate

• Yes, it could happen. I actually will not call at all as a general rule its my girlfriend the one who calls.

• Never had a legit "girlfriend", but with girls I get close to and date, I find a way to talk to them a lot more than once or twice a week... your guy might be different though.

What Girls Said 9

• i saw you comment below, and I agree with 7gnat, you need to break up with him. The best way to do it is to just set your mind on it and do it quick and easy. You'll have to call him I assume since he's in another state, but just explain to him that he seems too busy for a girlfriend right now and that you need more from a boyfriend. He will try to talk you out of it, maybe even claim he'll change, but it won't last long. You want a guy who wants to see you and contact you, not one who was scared into it when you suggested a breakup. It doesn't have to be ugly, but be firm, stay polite, and then stick to it. Good luck!

P.S. There's no good that can come from signing into match.com. He's got time to woman surf but no time to call? Remember that when he trying to talk you out of breaking up.

• I'm curious how he turned out to be a creep if you want to share!

• I feel like he'd make time somehow. Even with an extremely busy schedule, there should be someeee free time, like right before he goes to bed.

I don't know if this helps but I remember I was furiously busy two weeks before my college fashion design portfolio was due, I told the guy that I had feelings for that I was crazy busy and that it might be best if I don't talk to him for a week or two. I ended up texting him once of twice a day at least. xP

I know I'm a girl and all, but I doubt guys are much different.

But not everyone reacts to a busy life the same so I guess you just might not be able to find out for sure.

Perhaps you should just talk to him about it?

• i would but I haven't talked to him in days. I trust him its just nerve racking the last thing he said to me is I love you so much I can't wait to pick out wedding rings with you I'm going to the movies with my brother I will let you know how it is I will miss you so much ttyl.

• Aww. :/

Well, whenever you talk to him next should be fine,

• That job is pretty high stress and crazy busy during the season.

However, he could make it a nightly thing to at least say hi before he goes to bed. Not a MUST, but I'd think if you were in a relationship, you'd find time to get in touch more than once or twice a week.

But it depends on the person. Guys don't really seem to handle stress very well in regard to multitasking with every day life things.

• A text takes five seconds. I have never not had time to text.

• well you never texted me! (cuz I am an athiest :( ) :)

• I've never not had the time to text... doesn't mean I haven't texted for different reasons!

• im in the same position right now except my boyfriend is in the marines and its just been this weekend that he hasn't really talked to me but he's changed and he claims its because of work getting really crazy this week but I'm the type of person who thinks that everything is my fault so when he gets distant or doesn't act happy or changes I always assume that its me :/ I'm not sure of what to do right now either..

• right kind of the same. He just started a new job and its not like any other its outdoor he's running around like crazy. I like to think he ignores me because I make him really horny and loose focus so he might be just trying to focus idk.My best advice is till you figure it out freak out when he's not looking and when you talk enjoy every moment and just forget about all your worrys until things are figured out. its not fair to tell him if he's never hurt you we just have to deal with insecurities

• yeah, this is my first relationship and its not what I thought it would be, I had different expectations for a relationship than this and I'm confused and my friends are telling me to talk to him about it and tell him how I'm feeling but I'm almost I guess a little scared to do so

• Curious, but what made him a total creep? Was he cheating?

• no he was into like little kid p*rn and that's wrong and gross on so many levels

• Eeew. That's where all his time was going. :p

• exactly so disgusting I'm so happy I found out as soon as I did I'm so thankful.

• yeah, happens to most of us I believe.

• He may not be playing you, but he may just feel that he needs a brief break from the relationship. Relationships can be very time consuming and they require a lot of energy. Sometimes it's like you feel like you have to go over and hang out and cuddle because you're their boyfriend/girlfriend so you're supposed to. When what you really want to do is go home and sleep or enjoy the company of your friends. So he may not be playing you, but then again he could be.

• he should at LEAST text