Is it a little weird?

I'm in high school and in my science class there is a certain guy. Well, apparently he knew/recognized me, and I had no clue who he was. One day he came up to me after class and said, "you seem familiar" and I replied, "I wonder how" then he says, "what church do you go to" I tell him and he says he goes there to.? about two weeks later he gets a friend to ask me out for him. I don't reply because I hate telling people that I'm not allowed. One day he writes a note asking if I would tell him I never replied. Thankfully one of my friends that hangs out with him that knows me very well, tells him that she doesn't think that I am allowed, but I don't think he believes her... then after christmas break he comes up to me with a love poem, and we're not together. I sort f want to know if he still likes me but I am, more on the shy side, and we don't talk, but I'm thinking about asking a guy in my math class to ask him for me. Besides the guy in my math class started the whole thing up, by saying that he knows that likes me. so, is it weird he gave me the love poem, and should I ask his friend if he still likes me?

Most Helpful Guy

• You really should just talk to him. He obviously likes you, and unless I am nuts, you like him.

You may be forbidden to date by your parents, but there is no reason you can't hang out together. Sit with him at lunch, and tell him how you are forbidden from dating.

• Actually I do think you are nuts because I don't like him, and I most of the time think he is annoying.

• Oh I guess I misunderstood.

What Guys Said 2

• I would just take a gander, but that no dating until 16 rule actually has some benefits. Totally normal to be attracted and curious and uncomfortable at the same time about this stuff at your age. Be friends, but don't get too serious and for heaven's sake, don't become boyfriend-girlfriend steady...that just gets messy this young. Love poems are kind of weird though. Best of luck figuring this stuff out.

• um, ask him. because if he says yes, you to will have to talk eventually so going through intermediaries does nothing but create more distance between you. and yeah, love poem is weird.

What Girls Said 1

• well, if your age is right then aren't you an adult? you should be able to go out with whoever you wish to. if you like the guy, go for it! don't wait around cause he may be taken by the time you get to him. go for it, the worst thing he can do is say no and I'm telling you, he isn't going to say no.