Girls, what do you like guys to text you about?

If a guy is to text you, just to conversation and or flirt, what kinds of thing would you expect him to say/talk about? What about if he is your BF?

I also have a friend whom I have a crush on. While hanging out with her the other day I found out she was going out to lunch with her grandparents today. Would it look creepy to text her and ask how her lunch went or other things like that?

Most Helpful Girl

• Asking her how lunch went would be fine! If it were me, I'd be happy to know he was actually paying enough attention to me to remember what I had been doing. I love a guy who actually listens to me. So ask her a lot about herself and remember it lol.

Talk about what you're doing, just normal stuff.. be random! And don't let the conversation die! If you really feel like it's going to though and there's no way to stop it, just say you have to go, then you can try again later. :)

Oh, and flirt :) Use a lot of smiley faces and winkys too ;) Be funny! You can even throw in a naughty text or two every once in a while aha.

• I'm super curious... Any examples of a good kind of naughty text? Like, what's considered going too far, and what isn't naughty enough?

• I guess it really depends on how well you know her, but if she's your girlfriend I'd say pretty much anything is okay haha. I guess it might also depend on the girl too.

What Girls Said 2

• If you are having a convo you can talk about what you're doing or learn more about each other. If you want to flirt with her you should compliment her or the things you like most about her. No, it wouldn't be creepy to ask her how her lunch went. That will seem like you care about her.

• Pretty much anything. I like a guy who can be flirtatious but still also talk about serious stuff.

Text is not as enjoyable for me as email, but for short messaging between people it's fine. Toss a few naughty ones in there on occasion.

• That really depends on the girl...

What Guys Said 1

• I'm in a similar situation, but I just wanted to say one thing. If she tells you something (about herself, her plans, her goals, her idea for world peace, whatever) it is ALWAYS acceptable to refer back to it. She wouldn't have told you if it wasn't a fair topic.

• Good point. I just wasn't sure if it makes me look like a stalker because I remember everything she says and feel the need to ask her about it.

• Well, it also depends a lot on how you ask... "what did you have to eat when you went to lunch with your grandparents?" vs. "So how was that lunch with your grandparents you told me about? Are they doing alright?"

• Yeah I know, I def wouldn't be that specific lol.