Guys- What do you think of your girlfriend or wife not wearing make up?

Last night my girlfriend came to my house looking for an advise, she got her feeling hurt after her boyfriend told her that he's getting sick of her not getting ready for him. they have lived together for almost a year and Apparently on the weekends she likes to stay conformable not wear any makeup and stay in her pjs. His complains of her not getting ready for even thought their at home. Do guys like their girlfriend or Wives to be looking good all the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would NOT want any future girlfriend of mine to wear makup at home, it doesn't make any sense at all.

What I think about makup:

At home: who cares, it will just get in the way most of the time, so only for some special occasion or special home date or something like that

In public, only if she is going out with her girlfriends, going out on a date with me, or going to work (though I would want her to wear less when she goes to work). I wouldn't want her to try to look super nice when she's out shopping or anything like that, it makes me feel like she's trying to get guys to look at her for whatever reason.

• i like your opinion about make, and to be honest make up can be expensive so a daily use of it can become expensive

What Guys Said 4

• I hated when my wife wore makeup. Then again she wasn't very good at putting it on. I would like a woman that tries to look good for me every once in a while, but I don't need her to do it all the time. I am a pretty laid back guy. Unless we are going out somewhere nice, or celebrating something special I wouldn't care.

• I don't think it's a good idea to become too serious with a girl who's not attractive without make-up but hey.. only like one from ten girls looks attractive without it, and many men, myself including can tell only if there's a lot of make-up, if there's just a little - we can't tell, so having such criteria basically eliminates almost all of women.

Any guy appreciates if his girl makes an effort to be attractive for him, just like girls appreciate when their guys are chivalrous only for them.

All that stuff shouldn't be gone after a while, when getting too "comfortable"

And they've been living together only for a one year and she already is letting herself go.

So how it gonna look like when or if they'll marry? After five years? After ten years?

He's honest enough that he wants his girl to look good and he's open enough that it is important to him.

• The girls I've been with were cute/good looking in general. They looked good without makeup. Sometimes better without makeup... Sounds like he doesn't find her all that attractive, and is a a**hole on top of that. =P Yes, it's fine to go without makeup. Most girls, seem to want to put a little on before they go anywhere though, because they feel more comfortable like that.

• What's wrong with looking the way you naturally do?

Absolutely nothing is wrong with that.

What Girls Said 5

• Wow, that's a bit harsh. If I was fancied up all of the time I'm sure my guy would think I wasn't comfortable with myself and that I am a fake person. Why would he want this? The time he admires me the most is when I am in a t-shirt, sweats and with no make up on. He admires me being natural as well as me dressing up for him.

What your friend's boyfriend did to her was totally rude and harsh. Why would he be interested in someone fancied up and in makeup 24/7? She is a human being not a doll.

• Makeup at home is going over board. Personally I don't wear makeup everyday to begin with so.. At home is being unrealistic.

• i have never worn makeup.. my guy sees me natural everyday and prefers it.. I feel so fake when I wear it. I think natural beauty is the best type. there's no problem wearing it if you are going out but for her boyfriend to complain is an a**hole move.

• What an a**hole. I'd dump the douche immediately

• If a guy ever said that to me I would dump his ass and be looking for a new place to live right away.