I'm still single and I'm also wondering why?

Lately I have been wondering why am I still single Because I'm nice and all and I treat girls the way a guy should so why am I still single yea I may be shy at first but I open up once you get to know me and yet I'm still single and I'm also wondering why is it that most girls that I like always go for the guys with the muscles you know the jock types when most the time those guys seem like jerks well I'm sorry but I want to know what is so good about them anyways

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, first off, you need to get out of the mentality that all girls want to be with the nice guy that treats them like gold. Sorry to say, and I love getting into debates with girls about this, but its totally not true. If it were, all the nice guys out there wouldn't be single. Stop trying to be the nice guy and mentally stop yourself sometimes and make the conscious decision to not do something nice, do the opposite. Don't do something mean, just not considerate or something of that nature. As weird as it sounds, it actually works. I am a nice guy by nature, and I have to go against that nature at times to NOT come across as a complete nice guy to the girls that I know. Its funny, but I when I get into debates about women not wanting a nice guy, when I point the things out that I intentionally do to MAKE myself not LOOK like a nice guy, they are like, what? You did that on purpose? Believe me, it does actually work.

If your really all that frustrated with your inability of attracting the opposite gender, then there are several things you CAN DO to improve your chances with them. However, it takes some effort. And before you start with...oh..that's too hard...think of this. Those attractive girls you like, how much effort do you think they put into making themselves look more attractive? Think about it. Some of them take an hour to get ready in the morning. That long hair you see...how long do you think it takes to take care of it. How much does it cost to even go to the hairdresser and get a cut/perm/color? How much time do they take to go out and find the nice/cute/sexy outfits they wear? All the time they spend in the gym to get the sexy body you admire? Guess what, that's a lot of effort on their part, so the question is...what have you done? (And that's just what they physically do to improve their chances with the opposite gender)

Have you tried to get into better physical shape to attract more girls? Have you tried to improve your clothes, hair, general style to be more appealing? Do you take care of your complexion? Take a shower every day? Do you make sure you don't smell like sweat? Are you making sure that you don't have bad breath all the time? (That's important by the way)

So, instead of ranting about why they are not interested in the good/nice/shy guy, first you should be telling us if your doing all that you can do to make yourself more appealing to the opposite gender. It would be great if we could all just sit on our arse's and women would just come running to flirt with us, but in the real world, it takes effort unless your blessed with natural good looks.

What Girls Said 3

• You need to be less nice and a bit mean,most girls go for guys that give them a bit of a challenge and I don't think all girls go for muscles,I'm sure there is someone out there for you

• Well, for starters, desperation for a relationship is never a healthy thing, especially for yourself, and girls can sense that (which is a turn off). Conversely, the stereotypical "jock" guys often seem to have the opposite attitude. They appear passé about relationships and finding a girl, and girls can sense that (which is, oddly enough, a turn on). From personal experience, the harder a guy tries to win me over (even if I'm initially attracted to him), the more I am turned off and the less interested I become. The less a guy tries to win me over and the more I become the pursuer, the more I am turned on and the more interested I become.

Granted, this is directly from the get-go, from initially meeting the guy to deciding whether or not you want to date/have a relationship with him (if that's what the girl is looking for).

• There is nothing wrong with you. The right girl will come around dude. :) I thought I'd be single until 40...with cats..haha. But my world was turned around when I was asked out by a good guy friend of mine. I always thought there was something wrong with me...even if I knew that was not true..it felt like that sometimes. And I am always smiling, and nice, and friendly, and I"m pretty. So it did not make sense to me. Keep your head up...do not give up! You are fine just the way you are and when the right girl comes around, you'll be happy that you waited for her. ^_^ It is a good thing I stayed true to myself and remained just being myself..because my new boyfriend told me I make him happy and he thinks we are perfect for each other...so he obviously likes me just the way I am. GOOD LUCK ROMEO! ^.^ You'll be fine. :) It always seemed to me that other girls got guys too...but I was wrong. I have realized that I am just special..and need a special guy...not just any guy. Maybe all those girls who are dating those jerks and jocks are not good enough for you and they are not worth your time..and you probably won't even be happy with them. Think about that. Just be patient...you'll be amazed what patience does...do you have any idea how happy I am right now?...I have never been asked out or even really flirted with or asked on a date at all until 19...I am so happy I waited and was patient. It's worth the wait..believe me. Even the pain of being single for so long is worth it..because then you appreciate your first relationship better...I mean...I know I am. =) stay strong! good luck!

What Guys Said 3

• heres the deal girls like only about 3% of guys in the world ... so ... you ( like me) are the other 97% girls don't care about and yes it sucks but you might get lucky and one will come along but don't hope too much ... you can try online dating or sex hook up sites and girls are just stupid and I don't know why they're in this world anyways wish they would all just disapear and something better replaces them

youll hear a lot of crap about" be opposite of what you are" ... don't believe them.. ... good luck

• i hate how it is okay for girls to be desperate but not okay for guys

• You might have bad breath,