He asked for my number.. why hasn't he called me?

This guy I really liked asked me to hang out with him. We flirt a lot and everyone says he likes me. I have a gut feeling he does as well. So when he was asking me to hang out with him he asked for my number. I gave it to him and then he gave me his. He said I should call him if I still wanted to hang out with him. Well I ended up getting sick and texted him saying "Hey. I can't hang out. I'm really sick. I'll see you soon though. Have a good weekend! Happy Valentines Day!" Then he texted me back saying "I'm so sorry your so sick. I hope you feel better. And don't worry. We can hang out again. Happy Valentines Day! I will see you next week." But.. he hasn't called me since then. Is he "just not that into me?" Understand though, I've only known him for 4 weeks. And he is single.. so I'm not sure.

Most Helpful Girl

• The way I see it.

He gave you his number and the two of you made plans to meet which you bailed out of. Sure, you had a legitimate excuse - but how does he know that. For all he knows, you're "just not that into him". I don't think if he wasn't into you he would have gone to as much effort as he has already.

Call him, arrange another time for the pair of you to meet up - don't leave it to him to do all the leg work.

• Well I told him I couldn't wait to see him this week and I really hoped I felt better because I wanted to see him.

• True. I don't want to come off as desperate though. You know?

• Yeh of course.

Maybe - if he hasn't rung by say ... Thursday mid-afternoon or Friday, call him, and just 'check that you're still on for the weekend'.

What Guys Said 2

• Could be that he's trying to play it cool or something because I don't think a dude would send that text or give you his number in return if he wuzent into you. He could be wanting you to make the next move and call him who knows but it does seem like he is feeling you

• to be honest it looks like you told him you weren't interested by comin up wit you wer sick, that's how id look at it if it was me, if ya wan2 fix it you need t ask him t hang out and don't say sometime bcoz that won't happen, actually choose a time! that's my bes advice

• Oh and he obviously likes ya!

• Well he texted me about a week ago saying he would see me last night at this campus function thing we both go to, and he didn't show up. I don't really know what to think anymore. :/

• Well I just texted him. We'll see what happens. :/

What Girls Said 1

• I definitely think that the ball is in your court, you should ring him to arrange another date, his pride might be a little bruised from you cancelling cos you were sick (to him that might be an excuse as you said you don't know each other that long)

Just go for it! Good luck