How long do you wait to text a guy back?

there is this guy that has liked me for a while I finally told him I liked him too he told me was doing homework asked when are we going to hangout he said I can't lie I want to kiss you anyways he invites me to his house to watch a movie today and we met up for a few seconds before I go to work and then when I get out of work and the plan was to get together tonight. I texted him first at about 4pm and asked if we were still going to meet up he said yeah maybe later his friend called to say he wasn't going to work so he had to go work he didn't say anything else. I sent back a short text saying I was planning on going out with friends so I wanted to see what our plans were. I didn't text him back since 4 :30 around there and I got a text from him at 10:30pm tonight should I text him back see what's up? how long should I wait to text back?

I text back at 11 08 and wait didn't get a text so I texted back and said so you missed out on spending some time with me today he hasn't text back at all. should I call him or just ignore him, I am thinking ignore but I don't know what's wrong he just about always texts me right back and we haven't kissed or anything just hugged he always kisses me on the cheek or forehead when he sees me.
Did you fall asleep on me again? question why would you ask me to hangout and then standme up it was your idea in the first place. rude this is what I texted back since I didn't hear back.
even if he did tell me he had to go to work sure he texted at 1030 but never texted back which is odd cause he always texts back pretty soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really feel like artificially moderating your response times, text him back at the time you would expect a text back from him if you were to switch roles, or if you were initiating a different conversation. A lot of people aren't great texters though, so don't take it personally if he doesn't reply in a timely manner. Often times, people can be (perhaps unexpectedly) busy, and you wouldn't even know, as you would in, say, a phone call.

• should I call if he doesn't text back and say hey what's up or not

• Refer to what Broseidon said now. Your goal is a two-sided interaction, and you don't want to seem like you're harassing him. My example of the phone call was only to demonstrate a point.

What Guys Said 4

• He's phone probably died ,I can't count how many times iv been blow up and cussed out because my phone died give him about a day to respond

• He ended up texting me the next day saying he was sorry that he didn't think he was going to have to work that he got out at 9 and he texted me hey at 1030 and then didn't text back till about 750 in the morning. I didn't text him back all day and he didn't text me again either. Why doesn't he try to get a hold of me again. I am waiting for him to text me again I don't think I should text back what would I say to that? What should I do?

• If its on mobile, I usually text about 5 min later, if its on Facebook or something like that, I wait about 20 seconds just thinking that it might build up the tension so I don't look desperate haha.

• Wait till 11am or later to text him so he thinks you have a life but to also show you're still thinking about him.

• I figured I should just turn my phone off cause I have a feeling he isn't going to text me back.

• 24 hours

What Girls Said 2

• I have this issue with guys and quite honestly they love their space far too much so I just generally don't give a damn if they text back or not, I just do my own thing and watch CSI or some other programme, I find it terribly annoying guys ignore you when they want space, they could just tell us "Honey I'm tired I'm gonna go relax if that's ok?" but no... they don't... lol. I never get a response out of a guy after 2 days later so I wouldn't care too much if he replies.

• love your answer girl !

• Thanks :) guys like girls that can do their own things too and make themselves happy and not be too dependant on making them happy so it's why they do it, they just expect you will be fine for a bit while they relax and re-gain their energy because they know we can look after ourselves. It's hard not to over think things though lol I have done it before but I'm trying so hard to not do it and just breath and tell myself everything will be OK, thinks won't be OK if I keep overr-reacting lol.

• 5-20 minutes if he's really expecting an answer ASAP; an hour if it's something I can sit and take the time to answer in detail; not at all if he's a jerk.