Meeting with person from internet, what do you think?

I met this boy 3 years ago, and last year we felt in love ( don't judge me , because everyone does it and I am here to ask for advice only)

We talk through Skype , I was talking even with his family, he's really amazing.

This year we deided to meet and have trip together, he lives in asia, me in Europe - and I've never been so far and alone, maybe I am coward but I was thinking to go with my mother ( she is very cool) , but I am 21 years old and I don't know what he will think about it? does it sounds stupid? should I go alone? or is it wise idea to go with her?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, its not stupid at all.

You are completely unfamiliar with your surroundings and its always good to have someone you know close by.

Lets just say, you get into an altercation with him and his family. At least you will have your Mother there, and not be stuck with no one to talk to for the tim -being. For the first trip go with your Mom. When you feel comfortable enough go alone, because at least then you know what to expect.

• thanks for advice;) I just wouldn't be so much worried if I go with my mom . But I want also spend with him some time alone, like only we 2 go somewhere, .. and I don't know how would I do this ? what do you think?

• yes I think that my mother will understand it, at his relatives home because he invited me , but I think they won't have a problem if one more person comes? or in this cause you think is better to stay in hotel?

• I would probably say hotel because your Mother might feel uncomfortable being left alone by herself (this is also strange to her.).

What Guys Said 3

• Well: link

• Where in Asia?

• Maybe a friend instead or alone

What Girls Said 7

• I think you would probably be the safest going with your mom. Even if he is an amazing guy, you're still traveling to another continent that you don't know a lot about. It's always safer to travel with someone else.

He should be understanding and respectful of your decision to bring your mom. If not, maybe then he's not who you thought he is.

At the very least, please bring a friend. Don't travel by yourself.

• I'm sure your mom wouldn't have a problem with giving you two some alone time. I would just suggest to make sure you're out in public around other people at least at first. Just to be safe. If you and your mom get a hotel room, you can always go out to dinner with him or something just the two of you.

• I think that if it makes you comfortable, it would be best to go with your mom. If he doesn't understand that then he probably isn't the guy you think he is.

• Going that far to asia alone would make me nervous. Not really because he's from the internet, but just because it's a whole other continent... Could he come to see you? If not then maybe it would be better if you went with your mom.

• Why not have him visit?

• Have you met him in person?

• Yeah, course. It's always safer to meet people from the internet when you have someone you know with you. I'm sure he'll understand you don't want to travel by yourself :)

• Go with your mother, if it's not awkward for him to meet her also.

Go with whatever is comfortable for YOU.

Perhaps, see if he can come to you first..