Should you break a girl's heart if you can avoid it?

Lets say you are dating a girl but you are not that into her, and she is super attached to you. Like she calls you all the time, maybe an hour after you just had lunch together and she says she misses you but you don't feel like saying it back. At the same time you will go on holidays for a long time and she will move away in about a month. Should you stay together and just wait that month? Or should you just break up now. If you wait she will likely get more attached, but maybe the break up will be smoother because she will have all this holiday to get over me. Other option is to break up with her now, but then I will likely break her heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well either way you're going to hurt her...but whether or not you break up with her now or let it fizzle out when she moves is up to you.

If you're really not feeling the whole situation and don't want to wait another month, then don't. If you like spending time with her but just aren't as attached as she is, then Id say just wait it out.

• It is defo situation 2 for me. I like her company, it is just more like a friendly affectionate rather than actually romantic.

• Well then keep it how it is if you enjoy her company...no need to mess up a good thing. Just because you're not as attached to her as she is to you doesn't mean you're at fault and should stop seeing her...when a person dates someone, they have to assume the possibility that they're going to get hurt. It happens.

What Girls Said 4

• HONESTY is ALWAYS the best policy. Tell her now how you really feel about her (in the most tactful way possible). Get over the fear of maybe seeing her cry (I know guys HATE that). Despite the uncomfortableness you may feel witnessing her crying, it's nothing compared to what she's probably feeling, that is if she is truly already attached. So put your God given cojones to use by mustering up the courage to do the right thing. There is nothing worse then to have a guy wait until later in the game to tell a girl he's not into her.

• You will hurt her either way. You already know you're not that into her, so the most honest thing to do is to break up with her right away. That way she won't get even more attached, and you won't have to pretend you care.

• If she's going to be moving away soon anyway, then you could potentially use that to break up with her - like, bring up the fact that you're not going to be together much longer anyway, so you can either opt to break it off now before the both of you get more attached, or you can drag it out as long as possible. Bringing it up might make her a bit less intense about it if she knows it won;t last

• I would say break up with her now. Don't wait! I had an absolutely similar situation, and it gone very bad. I was postponing breaking up with my ex, and we both got much more heartbroken in the end than if we parted earlier.

If your breakup will be because of her moving away, it will be way much harder for her to get over it. She would think you actually loved her, but you two couldn't be together because of distance. She would try to find ways to come back to your country later. So better do it now. Do you want another burden of lying to a girl?

Be honest with her. Tell her the truth. Tell her: it's been a great time, and I enjoyed every minute of it, but I don't feel the same way about you. I'm telling you this now, because I don't want you to expect anything later. It'll break her heart, but if you wait it'll be even harder.

Good luck

• Ohh, didn't realize your post is one month old. So then you probably already found an answer

What Guys Said 4

• Well there is no way not to break her heart or upset her in this situation. If she is attached to you then of course she is going to feel rejected and hurt by this. It's the sad way when things come to this. All you can do is tell her the truth and hope for the best and give her time to heal.

• Break her heart now. Let her off easy and don't lead her on to think that you'll have something going on long-distance wise. Tell her you don't think it's working out and that you feel like you should stop dating.

• Let her down easy, as soon as possible.

• I would break up as soon as possible cause stalling would just make it worse.