How do you distinguish hanging out with someone from a date?

if you go out to dinner with a guy and he pays, how do you distinguish between it being a date and not being a date? once, my friends and I did this thing where we were matched up with random guys we were friends with and we went to dinner with them. one of my friends commented about one of the girls being on a date with the guy she went with. I didn't know it was supposed to be a date so I said "oh it was a date?" and he told me that hers was because she wanted it to be but mine wasn't because I hadn't said I wanted it to be one. is that a bizarre way of distinguishing? I thought it was lol

Most Helpful Guy

• what your frnd said is nonsense okaay you never said it was a date but then neither you nor your guy with whom you went out said that we are just hanging out ...end of discussion it was date your frnds need a life she was jealous ...ask the guy with whom you went he can answer better than me

What Guys Said 2

• Depend on how they feel towards each other. I have a pair of friends, a guy and a girl, who went out together regularly and most of the time is the guy who pay for the meal. However they are only (very good) friends and they have been meeting up regularly for years. If the situation is changed to a pair who has interests in each other, then it will be more like a date.

• I am guessing if some guy gets his prick into you that you aren't just hanging out anymore ,

What Girls Said 0