Guys: I went on a first date and.........

The date went well, I thought we had chemistry, we couldn't stop touching each other, and play fighting most of the time. However, at the end things got a little awkward, he asked me if I wanted a ride to my car, I said nah that's cool I can walk because its not that far. He said umm OK, and we just left no kiss or hug or anything, he never called back. What did I do wrong?

Hmmmm, I'm not sure there will be a next time, I guess c'est la vie! The problem was I actually really liked him, so it does suck.

Most Helpful Guy

• you made it awkward because you wanted to walk. good job

What Guys Said 3

• sounds to me like the ride in the car was an invitation for a hug or kiss. you just walking away made it clear.guys don't just hug women cause yall have emotional walls no matter how much chemistry you have.

• It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, just had an awkward parting. Give it some time, and maybe he's feeling the same way.

• Guys are always looking for signs of interest, so when you turned down his invitation to take you to your car (which a gentleman should offer to do anyway), he may have interpreted that as a lack of interest. If you're still interested, call him up and let him know. And next time a guy offers to treat you the way a gentleman should treat a lady, let him.

What Girls Said 3

• He may have taken your rejection for the car ride as a rejection of him. You not wanting to spend more time with him, kiss him, etc. It would be an easy invitation to misunderstand though so you didn't do anything wrong. I think he was being a little too sensitive if that caused him to not call. How long has it been since the date?

• It's been about two weeks, and I've tried contacting him since but no response, so I let it be

• I agree with InAmberClad117. The other option is that he took it as a sign of rejection that you chose to walk to your car.

• True, it depends on if your car was really "not that far away" or if you just didn't want to be a burden to him. Maybe try to clarify that next time, since it seems to be where things are revolving if your story is accurate.

• yea I do, but I called him already and he never answered me, and I'm not going to come off as an annoying chick who doesn't get the hint, but I do want to talk to him

• Good for you for trying. That is what matters. :)

• I think He's just trying to be nice just to take you a ride but then you said no I think he feel that you don't trust him