How do I text my crush?

So, I got my crush's number in a weird way, but I know that he has my number because he recently got a new phone and sent me his new number...I want to text him because I really want to know what he thinks of me..I don't want to say "Hey, sup?" because those convos normally end quickly. I want something interesting and unique, but I don't know what...any ideas? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I have always started with a joke, something he likes. My last boyfriend liked dinosaurs so that was easy. I asked him why museums only have old dinosaur bones,...because they can't afford new ones.

Yes corny but that got the conversation going. He asked me what I was doing and before the end of the texting we were making plans to see each other.

What Guys Said 1

• u should do what the girls have said, and if he sent you the number then he probiblt likes you and just talking to him can get things going like starting out as "hey, sup". unless it was a mass text to all his friends on his old phone then nvm.

What Girls Said 1

• Do you guys have something in common? I'm assuming you're in school, so maybe ask him something about school work. Or if you like the same bands or something and they happen to be in town, then mention that. I've used that one before (: good luck!