Is it bad I don't want to get married or have kids?

I'm 24 and going into my 3rd year of medical school. I'm a very educated women and very career oriented. I personally don't want to get married nor do I want to be committed to ANY man or held down by a child. I have never been in a "committed" relationship because I refuse to just be with him exclusively. I usually date one man then if another one comes along that's better I date him. is it bad that I don't want to get married or have kids? there is SO much more in life and being happy than this.

Most Helpful Girl

• No its not bad. Everyone chooses to live their live they way that is best for them. If you don't feel like being in a committed relationship or having kids is the best option for you then you shouldn't do that. Just because it is something encouraged by society doesn't mean that you are required to conform.

What Guys Said 5

• Not bad. Your chosen career is very demanding, and getting there is even more demanding (med school, internship, etc.). Being single is probably the very best thing for you now. After you are established, your interests in a singular relationship may change. You can change tactics at that time much more easily than now.

• It's not bad. I am however certain that by the time a person gets old, the vast majority of people will have much more regret if they didn't have a family and kids, than if they had a family and didn't have a big career.

Both men and women.

• As long as you don't want to get married too, then it's okay. If you want to get married, but not have kids... I think that would be bad.

• I am not speaking for all men.

• I'm very grateful that my girlfriend doesn't want kids.

• Nope. Do what makes you happy. It's not really anyone else's business anyway.

• As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. Why spend your one life unhappy?

What Girls Said 4

• It is your life, you set the rules. There isn't anything you have to do, just make decisions that make you feel happy an fulfilled!

• It's not bad. It's your choice.

You may change your mind in the future.

• no that not bad!

• no, do whatever you want.