Things NOT to do on a first date?

Besides talking about politics, sex, religion what are some other first date no nos?

Great answers thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• do the "reach" (pretend to offer to pay, while expecting the guy to just pay for you anyway) - not pay for the date

not talk proactively during the date - i.e., be completely passive while coming up with mental excuses such as: "oh, I want to let him be 'the man' and let myself be 'the woman', which means, I'm just a pathetic good-for-nothing sex toy whose only purpose is to be his penis's sexual massager, those don't need to talk . . . any I'm too incapable of supporting my own self and need to find a man who I can financially leach off of for the rest of my life, so I guess he needs to be a man there too . . . but hey, I also want him to respect me and acknowledge how awesome and independent I am . . . in other words, not make be feel ashamed for not taking on nearly as much responsibility in this relationship as I expect him to take on."

start talking either directly and shamelessly, or indirectly and subtly about male/female stereotypes, trying to reinforce self-serving gender roles.

pretending you're not a real human being, and just some pretentious TV character from some generic all-American teen show.

What Guys Said 8

• F*ck not talking about sex, religion or politics.

I want to know immediately if you're a celibate ultra-Christian who thinks Sarah Palin is the model standard that every woman should strive to achieve, so that I can get as far away from you as I possibly can, as quickly as possible.

All kidding aside though, when you think about it, these are important viewpoints that people can be highly polarized towards. They're subjects to avoid IF, and ONLY IF you're in a casual, social situation where they ultimately don't matter. No need to bring unnecessary conflict into a situation where you're with a group of people who are just looking to have a good time.

But when you're looking at a potential MATE, then you're going to have to discuss them at some point. Better to get those potentially relationship-ruining things out of the way as soon as you can, before you get too attached.

• fart excessively. once or twice maybe but after that forget it.

• -Talking about exes.

-Being late.

• Farting, burping, cursing and staining yourself with food take their place in no-nos.

Oh, yes - don't talk about your exes. I stole it from the Mr. Anonymous below.

Basically.. don't be negative in general, avoid complaining or arguing about anything.

Keep it light and pleasant.. that's what dates are for in the first place.

And of course - turn off your phone and don't use it then, ever. I stole this point too from a girl here, but it was too awesome not to be stolen.

• Doing the helicopter.

• dnt disclose stuffs about your life like an open book ...

avoid debates which may end up in arguments

• ditching your date so they have to pay for the meal lol ;p

• don't, for the love of God, talk about past relationships. That immediately puts guys (or at least me) on edge, and I start comparing myself to the previous guy, who of course in my mind is Hawking's brain in Daniel Craig's body.

dont check your watch or phone at all

Don't babble. Be honest and open, but don't pour out every single detail of your life. Also, don't stick to one topic exclusively.

What Girls Said 2

• Show nervousness , you can be nervous but try to at least act confident . Because if one person is nervous usually the other gets nervous as well

• Look at your phone. Ever. Unless he asks you the time and you aren't wearing a watch. You'd be surprised at how many dumb men and women text or play with their phones during dates. Major no no. It's rude.