HELP! How do I get past this rough patch?

I made a mistake, of turning dow a third date with the guy I'm seeing in order to go out to my freinds birthday celebration at a country dance hall. I told him I wish I could've gone but it it was my friends birthday, he said he understood. I kep hearing from him but not as much as before. A couple of days ago our we texted easily anf the conversation flowed, but now I'm confused because I Haven't heard from him. I texted him today and he hasn't responded. Are we just going through a rough patch and he'll come around, is he giving me a taste of myown medicine and its bitter, or have I lost my chances with him?

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt that you've lost him, though he might be a bit hurt. Give him some time and stay positive with him and thank him for understanding (let him know that you get that the date was important to him, and that you DID want to go, and know that he was disappointed), and I think everything will be fine.

What Guys Said 3

• If you ever have other plans, try and reschedule it so that he doesn't feel like he was ditched. and try and talk to him more over phone than text. texting can ruin things as I've experienced and seen.

• You should have told him you need to cancel because it's your friend's birthday, but can we go out the following night? By rescheduling you're telling him you do want to go out with him, but it's important you are their for your friends birthday... By just canceling it kind of comes off like you flaked on him...

• He's either busy or moved on because you didn't seem to be into him. Call him up and talk to him personally, don't rely on texts alone.

What Girls Said 0