What is best? To date someone?

to date someone just like yourself, with same interests and have a lot in common or is it best to date someone different from yourself?

Personally I think its best to date someone different, its cute to kinda fight about things like what shows are best and music, and to learn about another person.

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't want someone totally different who I feel like I can't relate to. I want that in between kinda person who has some common interests with me but I don't want a person who likes everything I do..might as well just be alone if it's gonna be like that. that'd be boring to have someone who goes along with everything you say and never challenges your ideas at all.

What Guys Said 4

• Date someone who is mostly similar to myself, but who does have a few things that are different. that way we can help each other grow, by showing each other different perspectives of life

• A mix of both, but I think it's best to trust intuition... that is, your ever developing sense of what is who are. and what makes you feel good.

• Different interests? Sure, within reason of course. What can be tricky is different personalities (introvert vs extrovert, socially active vs homebody, assertive vs passive).

• If you can't relate at all, you're gonna be fighting a lot. Not cute "kinda fight about things" but a lot of fighting. You'll nearly never get along. If you have the similar interests but root for opposing teams (Intel and AMD for example) then you're getting those "cute fights", or possibly some real bad fighting. Depending on how you handle it, of course.

What Girls Said 0