Do I have the right to ask him to get rid of his ex-gf's things?

It really bothers me that there are different products in my BF's bathroom that were his ex gf's. I asked him to get rid of her things yesterday, and he told me I could throw away anything that I wanted. I would prefer that he gets rid of the stuff on his own... Should I push the issue, or just throw her stuff away myself? He'd know better than I do which stuff is hers. Ugh

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd have to agree with you, by saying you have every right for him to get rid of those things. And as far as the last comment you've received "His life is with you now, not her." But then of course I've always been on both sides of the spectrum, and I could see his point of keeping things. One it depends upon how long of the breakup has been, two how long was that relationship, three, does he have any contact with her. A lot of that has some relevant distinction between having those items. But of course, the core issue is, he does need to throw those things out himself. You can't push that issue if he has any feelings on the object.

• The breakup was months ago, and we've been together for a few months. We're talking of moving in together, and he tells me that he's happier with me than he's ever been before... they have had NO contact since their breakup... and I know that it's not a sentimental reason for keeping her crap.. I think he's just lazy, and honestly didn't notice... lol

• Well, there's one of the problems I c. First off, even though the breakup was months ago, he might have her stuff 4 some reasons. But you might be correct in the fact that he just wasn't aware of what he had, and he's just lazy. Now I'd rather not pry, but I guess I'm kinda upfront, and I'm wondering why you would even move in2 his house within a few months of being together. It sounds a little fast if you ask me. Is that what happened with his last relationship too? She moved in within months?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes you have every right to ask him to remove them. His life is with you now, not her.

• Nope. Don't go there. Too controlling and a little psycho. The fact the her stuff even bothers you shows you have issues on some level with his ex and your current relationship ...

• I just think her old stuff doesn't belong there. Her Nair and Hairspray are just other things that clutter up his bathroom. I don't think he's kept them for any sentimental reason.. Why would that make me psycho? Would you want to look at your GF's exes stuff?

What Girls Said 1

• It's just bathroom products? I highly doubt that has any sentimental value to him. I would just throw it out yourself. Guys are lazy I doubt it means anything that he still has it.